Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Questions and ANSWERS

I got a few questions on my Q & A post, so I thought I’d go ahead and answer them :)

When will you finally be done with school?

Although it seems like never, I hope to be finished in 2 –3 years.  The doctoral program has a time limit of 7 years from the date you are admitted (yes, they literally kick you out if you are not finished in 7 years!)…no pressure ;)  I’m two years into the program so technically I have 5 years left, but my advisor assured me that it shouldn’t take me near that long. If they offer the classes as they have done in the past, I should be ready to start on my dissertation by this time next year (yikes!) and then it will just all depend on how fast I can write ;)  I’m shooting for the class of 2012, but we’ll see :)

What is your favorite candy?

I love any kind of chocolate, but probably my absolute favorite type of candy is Turtles.  I don’t know how old I was when my mom started buying them for me, but she has given them to me for Valentine’s day every year as far back as I can remember, and occasionally I’ll get a Turtle egg for Easter.  This is the reason why when we went to the Melting Pot for our anniversary, Alex ordered the Turtle dessert fondue :)

Do you have any intentions of moving to Arkansas?

As of right now, no.  We talked about “the future” when Alex took the job and how and if we would ever end the long distance relationship, and Alex decided that this was definitely a temporary location for him and would absolutely kill me if I quit the doctoral program.  At HP, you get promoted pretty quickly so hopefully in about a year, he’ll move to outside sales which will mean he will be doing a great deal of traveling and can be based pretty much anywhere. Right now his sales area is the northeast and if he stays with that area for outside sales, he may be moving there (which would be perfect for me because I have several “perfect jobs” in NY :))  Of course, I lot could happen between now and then so we’ll just have to see where we are in our careers and our relationship at that point :)

Thanks for the questions and if you have any more, feel free to ask! :)

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin