If you’ve noticed, I haven’t been posting much recently. Honestly, I’ve tried…really. If you could see my drafts folder right now, you’ll see at least 4 posts that I’ve written a paragraph or so and then realized it was not that interesting after all. There is nothing so exciting in my life that even warrants an entire blog post so I don’t bother. Yep, I’m definitely in a blogging rut!
Honestly, not only is my blogging in a rut, but I am in a rut myself. I blame it on lots of things like the dreary weather, my almost year-long unemployment, school, and having way too much time to think and analyze my life and everything in it (it happens every time I have free time!) Anyway, I’m just feeling very blah lately and have had a few breakdowns here and there and am perfectly content just laying on the couch and watching TV. I’m not sure what I need to do to get out of this yuckiness, but I need to do something fast because it is so draining!
It hasn’t been all bad though. Since none of these lend themselves to an entire post, I’ll give you a quick “Highlights” run-down :)
- My beloved red necklace, the one you saw me wearing at Alex’s dad’s birthday here, has been missing since I got home from Christmas break. The last I remembered having it was in Pasadena for the National Championship game. When I unpacked and still couldn’t find it, I finally decided that I more than likely left it in Pasadena and it was long gone :(. So I scoured the internet looking for a worthy replacement (I mean, I go to Alabama…I can’t NOT have a red necklace!) and finally found one that was of course not as good, but it would do. Well, last week, I was cleaning out my black purse, the one I carry ALL the time, and I reached in the side pocket, and there was my necklace!! I was so excited!!! I’m not sure how I missed it, because I thought I might have put it in my purse so I thought I had looked in there before, but apparently not. I was so excited that I took a picture with my phone and sent a picture message to Alex…yeah, I’m a dork.
- I had an interview for a GA position on campus a couple of weeks ago. I haven’t heard anything back so nothing to report there, but before the interview, I went shopping for some new suits (since my other suits are from like Freshman year!) Anyway, I went to Belk and thankfully they had their suits all discounted. I ended up getting over 600 dollars worth of suits for $150!! I was so excited! The suits were around 90 – 100 dollars a piece and they had them marked down to like 20 dollars and below! I’ll try to take a picture of them and share with you because they are cute (Here are two I took in the dressing room – excuse the lack of hair and make-up, it was a quick shopping trip!)
A navy and taupe tweed dress suit, a Chocolate 3 piece suit with polka dot tank. Normally 80 and 95 dollars a piece – got them for 15 and 17!!
- They recently posted the program for the conference that I’m presenting in this summer. It was so neat to see my name there!
- I met with my advisor last week and I found out that I only have 9 more classes and about 4 semesters left before I start my dissertation!!!!! This has definitely helped motivate me to go ahead and finish this thing up :)
This is my course planning sheet I created (I know, I’m a nerd!), and it looks like if I can write my dissertation in a year, I’ll be finished in summer 2012! :)
- I went and took a painting class this weekend. It was a lot of fun and definitely kept my mind off other things. I am not completely in love with the end result (I made the background a little too dark :( ), but it will do.
I guess that is all I have to report!! I’ve finished all my assignments for the week and am 2 classes away from Spring Break. I might have an exciting trip planned at the end of the week, but I’ll update you on that later :)
Anyway, have a fabulous week and hopefully I’ll have more fun stuff to share soon!
Much love,
Maegan

1 comments:
You, my friend, are not only brilliant, but quite talented! I love that painting!
Thinking of you! Blogging ruts, and ruts in general, are no fun, but never fear. I've been there, and I lived through it to realize this too shall pass.
Post a Comment