Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

Alex’s Birthday Week

Disclaimer:  This post is a little long, but I was too lazy to break it into two posts…sorry!

So, as I mentioned before, Alex got to spend his entire birthday week with me here in Tuscaloosa!  I enjoyed (and savored) every minute with him here and I have to admit that by the end of the week, I had gotten spoiled having him around so often so needless to say, it was tough to see him go!

I left you with our wonderful Valentine’s Day weekend you can read about here and here.  So to catch you up, here’s his week in a nutshell :)

Sunday

He went home to celebrate his birthday as well as his grandmother’s birthday with his family.  I was sad I didn’t get to go, but since I was supposed to have class Monday evening (it was cancelled last minute…just my luck!), I knew he wouldn’t be back in time for me to make the trip :(.

Although I couldn’t be there, it seems like he (and his grandmother) had a wonderful birthday lunch on Sunday!

P1020233_1256

Their cake

P1020237_1260

Make a wish!

P1020234_1257   The family

Monday

They threw a surprise party for his grandmother.  His dad took pictures so I don’t have any to share!  I heard they had a great time though!  He was originally planning on driving down here Tuesday morning, but ended up coming late Monday night!  I was excited to see him! :)

Tuesday

He used my internet, and my dining room table, to get his work done for the day.  You might remember this picture I posted earlier…

image

I made fun of him using his “business voice” to make phone calls!  By the end of the day, I had his little speech memorized ;)

Tuesday evening, I went to class and Alex went to dinner with a friend. After we both got finished with our stuff, we went to one of the bars/restaurants where he used to work to celebrate Fat Tuesday!

Alex 25th Birthday_1503 I promise I’m not as massive as I look in this picture.  Apparently a bad angle for me…yikes!

Wednesday

Alex had to recruit for HP at the business career fair (the whole reason for his trip).  I went to visit him and snapped a few pictures of him in action!

Alex 25th Birthday_1499 Alex 25th Birthday_1500 Let me just say, these pictures crack me up because 5 years ago, he wouldn’t talk to a soul!  He’s definitely came out of his shell the past few years (I’m sure it is because he had to being around my talkative self! ;))

After the career fair, Alex had to give a few presentations and he got a tour of the athletic facilities (which is good because even though I’ve worked there for 6 years, I’ve never given him one…oops!).  Then, I met him and a co-worker (a fellow Tuscaloosa native) for dinner at one of our favorite restaurants here in Tuscaloosa :)

When we got home, I went ahead and gave him his present.

Alex 25th Birthday_1501Alex 25th Birthday_1502 

If you can’t tell, I got him a new digital camera!  Since I’m obviously not around as much to take pictures, I’m hoping a nice new camera will motivate him to take some himself.  Don’t let his fake smile fool ya, he was pretty excited about it :)

Thursday (Alex’s birthday!)

As usual, he got to work at 8.  I went and grabbed us some breakfast and we just enjoyed each other’s company :)  In between phone calls, Alex tested out his new camera (Warning:  scary picture ahead!)

Alex 25th Birthday_1474

Alex’s self-portrait

 Alex 25th Birthday_1472

Makeup-less Maegan (sorry…I warned you!) still in PJ’s and working on homework.  This is pretty much my homework spot these days!

I finally got all cleaned up and we went and grabbed some lunch on his lunch break!

Alex 25th Birthday_1475

Our yummy sushi plate!  Isn’t it pretty?  My sushi is the one on the right (I’m a wimp and don’t do spicy stuff)

Alex 25th Birthday_1476

Alex is ready to dig in!

Alex 25th Birthday_1477

Me

Alex 25th Birthday_1478   

Our demolished plate!  Well, not really, we ended up taking half of it home!

After lunch, Alex had to run to a business meeting on campus so I ran around and took care of last minute details for our dinner that evening.  I was such a bad girlfriend!  I normally am the one that plans everything way ahead, including ordering the cake, getting everybody together, making reservations, etc.  Apparently with him being gone, I’ve gotten out of practice and did not even get him a cake!  I went looking for just a small bakery red velvet cake, but no such luck :(  Is it bad that I made him go with me to pick out his cake on our way to the restaurant?…yeah I thought so ;)

Anyway, we grabbed a cake, some candles (the number kind because did you realize that they only put 24 candles in a box?  I refuse to admit that we are old enough to use more than one box of candles! ;)) and headed to the restaurant to meet some friends!  We had an AMAZING dinner and it was wonderful catching up! :)

Alex 25th Birthday_1481

The birthday boy and I

Alex 25th Birthday_1486

Alex’s former roommate and our dear friend (I say our because Matt and I have had many heart to hearts over the years!) and I

Alex 25th Birthday_1485

The fabulous Miss Rebecca and I.  This was actually the first time she had met Alex (although like you guys, she knows everything about him!)

Alex 25th Birthday_1482

The birthday boy and his cake (sorry he’s being obnoxious and it was the only good picture I got with the cake)

Alex 25th Birthday_1484  I have to give you the background on this picture.  Here is our conversation:

Alex:  You guys are not going to sing are you?  I really don’t want to be sung to.

Maegan:  That’s fine…I am totally cool with not singing.

(We light the candles and he just sits there looking at them and proceeds to sing Happy Birthday to himself…the sped up version ;))

Me:  What are you doing?

Alex:  Well no one was singing to me so I thought I’d sing to myself!  I guess I’m old now huh (as he wheezed out the candles)

So, that is why Rebecca is dying laughing in the background.  He may be 25, but he acts like a 12 year old sometimes ;)

Anyway, after dinner we headed to his friend’s bar, the one we went to the opening of back in August.  We met another friend there and we had a fabulous time!

Alex 25th Birthday_1493Alex 25th Birthday_1490

It was past his bedtime (and tolerance level ;))

Alex 25th Birthday_1494

Our fabulous friend Tara stopped by!!!

Alex 25th Birthday_1497

Alex 25th Birthday_1498    

In this last picture, Alex said something obnoxious and Tara popped him for it.  I love that she helps me keep in line ;)

Friday – Sunday

We had a fairly relaxing evening!  Alex worked all day Friday and I finished up some homework.  On Saturday, he took my brother out to lunch while I was working football and then he left fairly early on Sunday  :(.

We had a great week!! I hated to see him go, but I was very thankful that we got to spend an entire week together!!! :)

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin