When I was catching up on my Google Reader this morning, I realized I had been given not one, but 2 awards!
First up, an award from my sweet friend Brittany Ann, whom I have spoken about many times. She’s amazing so definitely check out her blog! :) She presented me with the Beautiful Blogger Award! Thanks so much Brittany Ann!
The rules are that I have to list seven things about myself, and then choose 7 beautiful bloggers.
My things (it is getting harder to come up with stuff you don’t already know about me, so I’ll give you some more current things on my mind:):
- When I was little (long before I became a dancer), I was a pageant girl. I did them from the when I was born until I was about 3. My last pageant, a little girl who had won tons of pageants, pretty much had to be drug onto the stage and she kicked and screamed the whole time, while I walked out on my own smiling and blowing kisses. The other little girl ended up winning and mom was frustrated at how unfair the judging was at that pageant so she never signed me up for another one. If it weren’t for that incident, I would probably still be doing it. I know most people feel very strongly about having their little girls in pageants, but as a child, win or lose, I LOVED it.
- My mom is by no means a full-fledged pageant mom, but she is close. She expects the best out of myself never lets me do any differently. She has always been very honest with me and doesn’t sugar coat anything. Although it may hurt at the time, I’m so thankful to have that honesty. She is first to point out the flaws, but she is also first to point out the best as well (If she says it is good, I know it must have been!:)). I am also thankful to have a daddy that is the sugar-coater and tells me I’m perfect at everything I do so I have the perfect balance :)
- I’m obsessed with wedding and photography blogs. I love everything about them, the details, the colors, the dresses…everything.I’m not one of those girls that has always had her wedding planned out and honestly, up until about 2 years ago, I didn’t even think about what colors I would use. I discovered wedding blogs when I was helping a friend plan a wedding and I’ve been in love ever since. I do collect ideas of things that I love, but they have no rhyme or reason and like I said before, my wedding is far from planned :)
- When I’m stressed, I am bad about just turning on music and dancing. I miss having dance as my outlet, but right now, that’s the closest I can get to being in the studio! :)
- I hate being let down by the people I love. On my birthday last week, I was thankful for the outpouring of love and support I got in the mail, on my phone, on my blog, on my Facebook, and Twitter. I am so thankful to have those people in my life. However, my best friend, or who I considered to be my best friend of 4 years, never said Happy Birthday to me. I know that is childish, but she is one of those people I expect to tell me Happy Birthday (just as I would with Alex and my family) and when she didn’t, it hurt. Worse yet, her sister told me Happy Birthday, and it has been over a week and I still haven’t heard from her. It would be understandable if she could have forgotten, but we’ve celebrated our birthdays together for years and in fact, she’s helped me plan the majority of my parties. I know that sounds awful, but when my friends let me down, it breaks my heart :(.
- I miss old school mail…like letters, thank you cards, etc. I’m a tech girl all the way, but there’s nothing like receiving something in the mail! I got a few birthday cards last week and I forgot how amazing it feels to open the mailbox and see a card envelope (you know what I mean…those envelopes that when tucked in the middle of the bills just make you smile :)) I’ve decided I’m going to start sending out little cards (not just my usual birthday cards), but just little notes to say hello or that I’m thinking about them. I mean, who wouldn’t like that? ;)
- I am in the middle of an all-out quarter life crisis and I hate it. I knew it would happen (part of the reason why I dreaded 25), but I’m trying to smile through it. I’m in that “I need a change” mood and questioning pretty much every decision I’ve made in my life. It probably doesn’t help that my ex-boyfriend (the only other serious one I’ve ever had) just got engaged, 4 of my friends just found out they were pregnant, 5 others just had babies, and 3 of my friends just got promoted and/or hired for their dream job. Needless to say, I’m in a bit of a slump.
That’s about it! Whew! Now for 7 other beautiful bloggers!
- Brittany at Tales of a Southern Belle and her Beau
- Black-eyed Susan at Susan in the South
- KLC at Tales of Northern Belle
- Heather at Life with Heather
- Miss Emily Anne at Martinis & Madness
- Just Add Walter
- Kristen at Southern Web Girl
KLC at Tales of a Northern Belle gave me this award!
The Rules are:
1.Post where you would like to be in 10 years
2.Pass it on to 10 other special Bloggers!
In 10 years (at 35 yikes!), I hope to be married, have kids (or at least one), have a great paying job utilizing my PhD, and start settling down (if I haven’t already!) :)
Now, instead of choosing just 10 bloggers, I pass this on to all 24 of my followers just as a thanks for visiting me :)

3 comments:
Aww, thanks for my award! I loved pageants too when I was younger!
Yay! Thank you for the award!!
thanks hun! I miss old school mail too.. there is something so fun about it!
Post a Comment