Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

Dance Recital - Sunday

Yes, I know I have been promising this forever so here it is :)

The second show, definitely went smoother than the first (as is always the case).  I was MUCH calmer and had the kiddie herding and quick changing down to an art form :) 

When it was time to walk onto the stage, I did have that same sinking feeling that I had 7 years ago when I walked onto the stage one final time.  It was definitely a bittersweet performance!

I’m guessing you probably want to see what the heck I’m talking about so I’ve included a video of our part. As much as I would like to say we were the fabulous dancers in the beginning, we are the dancers in blue at the end (our MC announces us as the Alumni) 

RCPA's 20th Annual Dance Revue - Alumni Dance (May 23, 2010) from Maegan Slaten on Vimeo.

And if you'd like to see the entire finale (Owners, then teachers, then current ensemble, then alumni, and then the babies :)) You can see that here :)

River City Performing Arts 20th Anniversary Revue - Teacher Dance and Finale with Alumni (Sunday, May 23, 2010) from Maegan Slaten on Vimeo.

It was definitely not our best performance, but we had a BLAST dancing together again! :) Before we left, we of course had to take a few (ok quite a few more) group pictures!

RCPA20th_05 23_3069

Alumni, and then alumni with our fabulous teachers! :)

RCPA20th_05 23_3071

Then after the recital I headed over to visit a few minutes with everyone at the cast party and snapped a quick picture with two of my favorite people:  Ms. Emily and Ms. Robin

RCPA20th_05 23_3073   

It was such a fabulous weekend and I am looking forward to the 25th in a couple of years! :)

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin