Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Dance Recital - Saturday

28858_810286981505_27401371_44973435_5339010_n When it was finally time for the show to begin on Saturday, I was very excited, but also very nervous!  Not to mention, Alex was getting to see me perform for the first time ever! :)  In fact, look how nice he looked…

 RCPA20th_05 22_3076

Us before the show

If you can’t tell…he’s lost like 30 pounds!  He’s killing me on the diet thing (although if I lost 30 pounds I would be a little too skinny)

I threw on this dress because it was A.) Easy to get off without messing up hair and make-up and B.) it was the only solid black thing I brought home (and I had to wear black to usher the babies on and off the stage)

Anyway, I LOVED being backstage!  So much goes on back there, and there is nothing like being able to watch things from the wings…I was definitely in my element :)

RCPA20th_05 22_3077

Hanging out with my old dance BFF’s backstage :)

  RCPA20th_05 22_3080

Hanging out with the teachers

RCPA20th_05 22_3079

The owners’ sons…aren’t they precious?

As part of the story, they talked about how it was funny that both of their first-borns were boys and how they went through stages of whether or not they wanted to be at the dance studio.  However, when they got older and girl crazy, they LOVED being at the studio so to represent that stage, they did a dance with some of the girls to the country song “Where the Girls Are”…it was precious!  (See below – they are on stage left)

RCPA20th_05 22_3083RCPA20th_05 22_3085

Then, it was our turn to dance!  We took a video of it, but it didn’t turn out as well as we’d hoped, so I’ll share the video from the Sunday show when I do my Sunday recap. 

Anyway, afterwards, we took lots of pictures :)

First a group shot….

RCPA20th_05 22_3098

Then a shot with our fabulous teachers

RCPA20th_05 22_3101

Then me with the older girls (some of them even taught me!)

RCPA20th_05 22_3105

Then with the BFF’s

RCPA20th_05 22_3106

Then the teachers…     RCPA20th_05 22_3109

Mrs. Em – One of the owners/instructors.  She taught me jazz when I was little and then tap the rest of the time.  I also assisted with a lot of her classes growing up and helped her with a managing a junior high dance team.  I was always closer to her than any of the other teachers (not because I didn’t adore them all…Mrs. Em and I just had a lot in common!)

RCPA20th_05 22_3110

Mrs. Robin – Owner/Instructor – My acro teacher when I was little and my ballet and pointe teacher from then on out.  I helped her teach a few of her ballet classes and boy did I have a new respect for what she did after that :)  I love her!

RCPA20th_05 22_3108

Mrs. Susan (a.k.a. “Sweet Sue”)  - Instructor/Amazing Choreographer – She started teaching Jazz at RCPA when I was in the 7th grade so I had her as a jazz teacher from then on and eventually I tacked on modern with her.  I also babysat her children often and helped her with choreography for quite a few plays so we have a whole history outside the dance studio :)  She is fabulous!

   RCPA20th_05 22_3112

Ms. Janet – Office Manager Extraordinaire!  She started in 2000 and is still going strong.  I had lots of time to bond with her during recital week when I helped her in the office! :)

Anyway, after we left, my family and I headed to Steak n Shake…a fun little diner type restaurant in town.  It stays open all night so we frequented often as teenagers :)

RCPA20th_05 22_3117

My parents and grandparents at the “adult table”

RCPA20th_05 22_3114

The kids’ table :)

RCPA20th_05 22_3115 Alex and I

Then we went home and got some rest before it was time to do it all again! :)

Sunday show recap coming up next! :)

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin