This past weekend, my cousin (who is 2 years younger than me, hence the “baby cousin” I so lovingly called him all weekend!), got married! It was a bit like watching my little brother get married, as the poor kid took on the little brother role for 4 years until Josh was born! Seriously, after all the plays and flower shops and jewelry shops we had, I’m so glad he turned out normal…at least for the most part ;)
Anyway, my sweet grandmother has been on me about getting married since I was about 20 (she got married at 14), and when I hit 25, she told me I was officially “an old maid”. Oh well….when Tyler announced he was engaged, it definitely took some of the pressure off of me (and my two older cousins who are not married yet either) so I was happy about that ;)
Back to the aforementioned wedding festivities…
As with every Southern wedding (and most weddings in general), they had the rehearsal dinner Friday night and the wedding on Saturday (at 2:00 to be exact). My brother was in the wedding so the poor thing had to finish up his class at 3 and drive the two hours straight to the rehearsal. I, however, was a bit excited that I wouldn’t have to go and that I could drive home at my own pace, get my hair cut, and plant myself on the couch for the evening…no such luck! Mom called right as I was leaving Tuscaloosa and told me she volunteered me to go to the rehearsal dinner so I could take pictures….thanks Mom!! This meant I had to go back in my closet, and pick out a “Rehearsal Dinner outfit” and place it in my already carefully packed bag…praying that I had all of the pieces and headed out.
Back to the wedding festivities….
The bride and groom are both HUGE Alabama fans. I would like to say that I contributed to that, but not necessarily…our family has grown up addicted to Alabama football so it was enivitable. Anyway, for the rehearsal dinner, they had an Alabama tailgate. They asked all of the attendees to wear Alabama game day attire (or a neutral color for the traitors) and my other cousin cooked BBQ and we had just a typical tailgate menu. Then, each table was decorated with Alabama memorabilia. Although I want a fancier rehearsal dinner for myself, I might steal the idea for a couple’s shower or something…It was super cute!
Then, after dinner, the kiddos headed in the auditorium to rehearse. This was Josh’s first wedding ever (as in, he’s never even attended one!) so I was proud of him for following directions :)
Well, most of the time….he does like to talk….wonder where he gets that from? ;)
After the rehearsal, we went back in the fellowship hall and had dessert…everything was super yummy! Then, it was of course, time for a few pictures!
Note: You can’t tell in these pictures, but I am wearing my new Alabama dress (it has an A at the bottom). Just so you know I was in the spirit as well :)
With my cousin, the groom….see, we look more like siblings than my brother and I do ;)
Brother Bear and I
With the bride and the groom…she fits in so well with our family!
My other cousin, Heather (the groom’s sister) and I
Up next….the big day! :)

1 comments:
How fun! Loved the rehearsal dinner idea. And your dresses for both days were so cute!!!
Post a Comment