I know I’m a little late in posting, but I was hoping to hear something before I posted and since I haven’t, I thought I would go ahead and do a post about the interview.
As I think I mentioned in my previous post, I interviewed at a local elementary school last Wednesday. I was very nervous it being my only interview, but I got tons of sweet messages on Facebook about it! Yeah, my friends are awesome!
The day before my interview!
It was at a really great county school with a a principal I did one of my placements under. I felt really good about the interview (which in the past has predicted my success with the interview, but we’ll see if it works this time!). She and the assistant principal seemed very receptive of my responses. After I interviewed, she took a few minutes to brag on the school, teachers, and children. I thought this might be a good sign since she told me AFTER I interviewed (almost like selling me the school, which if that’s what she was doing, she so didn’t have to…I already knew it was an amazing school!). She said that they were doing interviews that day (Wednesday) and the following day (Thursday) and that they had 3 positions open at the time: 1st, 2nd, and 5th and that they were going to figure out where to fit everyone in. Then she said I would be hearing from them soon. I felt like the later part of the interview was fairly positive so I was pretty confident leaving.
However, here we are 5 days (only about 2 working days since interviews were finished, but it seems like forever!), and I still haven’t heard anything. I have been compulsively checking voicemail throughout the day and checking mail to look for any rejection letters, but so far nothing. The Lord did not bless me with patience so this has been a tough thing for me. Part of me is ready to give up on it, but people are reminding me that it sometimes takes them a little while to decide and she recently posted another job on the job board so she may be swamped with those interview as well. I’m trying to stay positive, but because I’ve been burned with a similar situation last year about this time, I want to be realistic as well (although I was eventually called, but only because their first choice dropped out!)
As my mother reminded me, sometimes people don’t do things the way I want them to and believe it or not, the world doesn’t revolve around me ;) and that if it is meant to be, it will be. So, I’m going to try to keep myself busy and put it in the Lord’s hands. Say a little prayer that it works out the way it is supposed to!
Thanks for all the support and sweet messages and I promise to update as soon as I hear!
Love,
Maegan

0 comments:
Post a Comment