Pages

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Third Time's the Charm...hopefully

So I know I only updated a mere hour ago, but so much has happened in the last hour that I had to update!! :)  First of all, as soon as I finished posting, I called my answering machine back home and I had a message from the principal asking me to give her a call saying she would like a list of people she could call for recommendations.  I had never been asked that before so I thought this might be a good sign.  I got all excited and made my round of calls to Alex and my parents (Josh was here with me).  She said I could e-mail her the list but I decided to call her and get more details on what she needed.  She gave me her cell phone number so I was able to reach her on that (thankfully she had only called about 15 minutes before I did).  She explained to me that she was required to contact a few people that know me and then she said if everything checks out, she'd like to recommend me for the position if I still wanted it!!! :)  I was so unbelievably excited that I don't remember what all happened after that but I do remember her saying how impressed they were and how she knew she wanted to hire me the second she started asking me questions, which just made me so happy!!! She told me to call her on her cell if I needed her this weekend for any reason, but if not, I could just send her the information by Monday and she would be in contact with me all next week.  I'm not worried about my recommendations because thankfully I have some wonderful people to recommend me and from what I've heard, the board rarely turns down a recommendation.  I'm trying not to get too excited just in case, but it's hard to contain myself after all I've had to go through!!  It was funny because on the way home Alex said that I sounded much more confident after walking out of that interview and he was like "you know, you can go to tons of interviews, but it always seems to be one that you just click with" and the principal said something very similar in that many were qualified and I was not only overly qualified, but I clicked with her and her teachers and she said that meant the world to her :) 

Anyway, I called my parents, grandparents, and Alex to let them all know and they were extremely excited.  They've had a hard time with me being on the depressed side about this interviewing so they were all thrilled to hear me "happy" again.  Just keep me in your prayers that everything works out!!!

Also, all those "cons" I had about the school completely went out the window when I talked to her during the interview.  It ends up being the greatest situation a teacher can be in because we will get a brand new school, with brand new equipment and supplies, and being the first set of faculty, we'll get to help make the rules, mascot, school colors, etc which is very exciting and a wonderful opportunity for any teacher, much less one like me with no experience :)

Anyway, I know this post is rambling, but I'm still kind of shaky. :)  I promise to continue updating!

Much love,
Maegan

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin