Pages

Friday, July 18, 2008

Good news!

I GOT THE JOB!!!! 

I talked to my principal earlier today and I've officially been hired :)  I'm so excited!! Today has been such a wonderful day!  I woke up fairly early this morning because I knew my fate (ok maybe I'm being a little dramatic, but that's what it feels like) had already been determined and I was just waiting on the phone call.  My dad delivers to my kindergarten teacher and he told her yesterday that I was being recommended for a kindergarten position.  For the first time in over 20 years, she is moving up to second grade and she had lots of her old stuff to give me so she told my dad to have me stop by when I got in town.  Since I got in later yesterday, I decided to stop by this morning to visit and boy was I thankful I did.  She LOADED my car up with books, buckets, craft supplies, bulletin board materials, and other fun stuff for my classroom.  This was from the room she was moving into and she said she'd go through all her kindergarten stuff and I could pick that up next week :)  Anyway, after I went to visit her, I went to the teacher store in Decatur to look around.  I found some really cute stuff but decided to wait until I got the final word before I bought anything.  Minutes after I left the teacher store, I got to talk to my principal and she let me know I'd been hired and that I could come by Monday to start on my room :)  Anyway, I obviously called everyone to tell them and people started bringing stuff over to my house for me to use in my classroom!  My aunt Tiffany had been saving her kids books and she brought over 500 books to me!  I'm so thankful to have such helpful and thoughtful people in my life!  Anyway, my family and I just got back from my celebratory dinner at Sedona's Steakhouse in Hartselle and I've got Alex's car show tomorrow so I'm going to get some sleep.  I'll update more later!!

Much love,
Maegan

P.S.  Thanks for all your prayers!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin