Ever since I can remember, I've always dreamed of having my own classroom to decorate. When I was little I spent hours arranging and labeling my "school room" back home until it was just right. Thankfully that desire has not changed one bit! One thing I've been looking forward to is getting my classroom and getting to do things the way I want them done. When I found out I got the job on Friday, I spent the entire weekend thinking of ways to decorate my room and anxiously awaiting the day I could get in and begin working. Well, today was that day!
I stayed up late last night putting all of the books I had been given into a spreadsheet on my computer (so that I have a record of my library) and my family and I decided it would be better for me to wait until this morning to drive home. I woke up this morning at 5:30 and my family and I loaded up my car to head to Tuscaloosa (When I say loaded, I mean it was PACKED - See pictures below)
I stayed up late last night putting all of the books I had been given into a spreadsheet on my computer (so that I have a record of my library) and my family and I decided it would be better for me to wait until this morning to drive home. I woke up this morning at 5:30 and my family and I loaded up my car to head to Tuscaloosa (When I say loaded, I mean it was PACKED - See pictures below)
I got back in town around 8:00 and I unloaded the non-classroom stuff out of my car, got ready and headed to the school. When I got there, I ran into my principal in the hallway and she gave me a huge hug and welcomed me to the school and told me how excited she was to see me :) She then gave me a small tour of the school and showed me to my room. Since it was a middle school, I wasn't sure what to expect, but it certainly was in decent shape when I arrived so I was thankful that I wouldn't have to deal with a lot of repairs and the such. This is what I saw when I walked in my door:
Obviously there was a lot of work in store for me! My principal was wonderful and told me she'd be happy to help me with whatever I needed and that she would check in her storage for stuff for me :) Anyway, I spent most of the day just cleaning and unloading stuff and putting as much away as I could. Alex stopped by to take me to lunch and to bring me a fan and his fridge (we have no AC so both were wonderful). Anyway, he made me do a classroom tour for him. It's so stupid and I totally wasn't expecting it, but at least you can see my room!!
Anyway, I worked until about 6:30 and then headed out when it got a little stormy. There's so much that I have left to do, but it is nice to step away and reflect. I'm excited about having a productive day (hopefully) tomorrow!!

0 comments:
Post a Comment