As usual, my life is fairly calm so there's not a whole lot to write about. After my excitement on Thursday, I had a fairly calm rest of the weekend. I did a lot of relaxing (and of course obsessively searching through all my teacher magazines ;)) and spending time with family. My dad grilled hotdogs for lunch on the 4th, but it was so rainy and nasty, we didn't get to spend any time outside. Alex and I had originally planned to go see the fireworks, but since it was so rainy and he didn't feel real well so we both ended up staying at home.
Saturday, my family and I spent most of the day in the pool. It was nice just relaxing and reading my book and getting a tan (not a very good one I might add, I quickly put on lotion - the same lotion I always use, and apparently it worked a lot better this time because I'm all splotchy :( ) Saturday night Alex and I, along with his friends Amanda and Alan went to see "The Love Guru" in Huntsville which was pretty funny.
On Sunday, Alex and I got to spend some time with his "second parents". Alex's parents were in the air force so these two actually raised him. I have met them several times before, but we stopped by their house on the way back to Tuscaloosa. His "Nanny Joyce & Papa" cooked us steak, chicken, baked potatos, corn, and homemade ice cream....it was so delicious!! :) I had a great time catching up with them and I of course got to hear lots of baby Alex stories :)
Anyway, this week has been pretty uneventful. I talked to my principal on Monday and gave her my references, but I haven't heard back from her and don't expect to until closer to the board meeting. Pray that everything continues to work out!! :)
As I mentioned in a previous post, Josh's bandage came off and my mom wasn't really happy with the results. Josh went for his follow up appointment on Monday and the doctor was too happy with it either. So, poor Josh is going to undergo another surgery probably next summer. He said he had to wait quite a few months and Josh didn't want to have to miss any sports.
It's starting to get stormy here so I'm going to get off the computer and get some stuff done. I'll update again soon!
Much love,
Maegan
Thursday, July 10, 2008
In the world of Maegan...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment