Pages

Friday, May 9, 2008

Getting ready for Graduation...

This graduation is much less stressful in many ways than the first one because:

  • I was finished with classes 2 weeks ago, so I have had plenty of time to work on my apartment and get ready (although I did neither until this week!)
  • Since I've already done it once, I know what to expect.
  • I don't have to stress over paperwork for certification and the such.

However, there are other things that make it much more stressful than the last

  • I'm unfortunately not registered for the fall so this means no more student perks (including a on-campus summer job :( )
  • Because of the above, I have to find a summer job (and so far, all I've found is minimum wage jobs...YUCK!)
  • I have to stress over applications for the doctoral program in hopes I can start in the fall (unfortunately, I have to completely start all over again with the application process
  • I have to find a real job...as in a teaching position for the fall!

As most of you know, I can't stand being out of control...especially when it comes to my life. One of the reasons why I chose to continue my education is because that is one area of my life to control (unlike the marriage issue) so I am going INSANE waiting for things (recommendations for doctoral program, admittance into doctoral program, jobs to post, etc). Once I have my life back in order, I feel that I will be much happier :)


On the other hand, mine and Alex's relationship has gotten MUCH stronger. I've had several breakdowns over the past few days and he's been wonderful about reassuring me that everything will be fine. I am usually the cheerleader so it's wonderful that he can step in when I'm in need of a boost :) We're in a great place and I'm extremely happy considering the situation we've had recently :)


Okay....way too much heavy stuff. Now for the lighter side....


I just got back from the President's Reception for the graduates. Alex was supposed to go with me, but his friend is in town and staying with him so it was hard for him to get away. Last time, my family came with me, but for some reason they scheduled it from 3:30-4:30 which unfortunately was not a time my parents could make it to. Anyway, I went with my friend Lauren and she snapped a few pictures (although we didn't get one together!). I was shocked that President Witt seemed to remember me from all of my involvement with the University :) Anyway, here are the pictures. I've gotta get the house finished before my family arrives!





President Witt and I at the Mansion

Me on the balcony of the mansion looking at Denny Chimes




0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin