Pages

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Dinner Cruise

We are very blessed to have some wonderful historic sites in Tuscaloosa, one of which being the Bama Belle. The Bama Belle is an old paddleboat that docks here in Tuscaloosa. Being involved at the University, I've been on quite a few boat rides for different events, but I had never been on one of their dinner cruises. Alex has always talked about wanting to go on it, but we've just never had the opportunity or never planned ahead. Anyway, my graduation day, May 10th, was our 3 1/2 year anniversary. We are NOT one of those couples that celebrates anniversaries all the time, but since all of our holidays/special days are from November to February we thought it might be nice to celebrate some in the warmer months :) Alex had mentioned doing something for our 3 1/2 year and I told him we'd switch and I would plan the date. So, when trying to come up with something fun to do, I got so excited when I found out about the dinner cruise and booked it immeadiately. We were supposed to go last weekend, but we had to go home earlier than expected. Thankfully the crew was amazing and just let me move our reservations back :)


Some pictures from the cruise. The first being the usual self-portrait (with Alex's usual expression) and then one of the other passengers felt sorry for us and offered to take our picture :)
We had such an amazing time!! The food was unbelievable! :) After the ride was over, we went to see the new Indiana Jones. Brace Yourselves: Before this week, I had never seen any of the previous 3 (I know GASP) so Alex and I had an Indiana Jones marathon so that I would be caught up for the movie :)
I don't want to reveal any of the movie, but I will say it is pretty good. It was very different from the others, but I think it was an appropriate continuation of the trilogy.
Anyway, I'm exhausted so I'm going to bed...I promise to write more later :)
Have a fabulous weekend!
P.S. Sex and the City next weekend...can I tell you how excited I am? ;)

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin