Sorry for the cheesy title, but it fit so perfectly, I had to go there :) Anyway, as I think I have mentioned, Josh will be coming to Alabama in the fall to start college. That whole subject will definitely get a post of its own, but I will say it has been entertaining trying to get everything done and in on time. Me, I am extremely high-strung and a compulsive to-do list maker. Even though I procrastinate sometimes, I am big on checking things off that list. So, when I was getting ready for college…I did everything on my own as soon as possible. Josh on the other hand, is extremely laid back and has the “it will get done when it gets done” mentality so some of the steps has been like pulling teeth. Being a former orientation leader and a student worker in Admissions, I am pretty comfortable with walking him through the steps on my own, however, there are a few things that have just been a thorn in our side (mainly mine) since he got accepted last semester. One of which has been housing. A few years ago, Alabama made the decision to require all incoming freshman to live on campus. My parents of course wanted my brother to have the same experience as I did and get to live in an apartment, and I did know that you can apply for an exemption, but I wasn’t sure the exact protocol because this wasn’t a process we had to deal with when I was involved. Anyway, because I am at school during their office hours, I wanted mom to call and check on what we needed to do to apply for an exemption. Well she drug her feet for the longest, until finally she called and found out that all we had to do was fill out a form. Once we finally got it filled out, we got an e-mail a few days later saying he was approved! :)
Anyway, my parents decided to get him in my complex so we’d be close together. My mom called right before we applied for the exemption just to make sure they had some available and they told her that there were quite a few in my block. I’ve had the same neighbor for as long as I’ve lived here (he and I are the only ones who have been here the whole time) We joked about having him move down an apartment so Josh could live next door! When mom called back after he was approved, she not only found one in my block, on my floor, but she found out my dear neighbor Wesley is moving August 1st, so Josh will indeed be my neighbor! :)
As strange as it may sound, I’m kind of excited Josh will be living so close. We are closer now that I’ve moved off to college (and of course since he has been in high school) so it will be like having a guy friend to hang out with. I know he’ll be someone I can do things with when Alex is busy or whatever (and he can’t complain or I’ll tell mom ;)) Plus, being the overprotective sister that I am, I’ll be able to keep an eye on him ;)
Anyway, I just thought I’d share!! :) I’ll definitely update more once we get more settled! :)
Happy Thursday!
Maegan

0 comments:
Post a Comment