Pages

Friday, March 6, 2009

The beginning of spring cleaning!

So, if you know anything about me, you know I have a slight obsession with clothes, shoes, and purses.  I also unfortunately have a hard time letting them go.  You see, I never wear an outfit more than once (at least my nicer ones) and I carefully plan out each outfit so each outfit has a memory for me.  Like I can tell you what I wore on every date Alex and I went on in high school and probably up to this day.  Even though I’ve put on weight, I’ve had a hard time letting all of those special outfits go.  Mind you, when I say go, I mean taking them to my closet at home…my mother would NEVER let me actually get rid of them!  Yes, I know…my adorable clothes will only be 2 hours away and I can technically get them at any time, but still…I know, I need help!  Anyway, during the summer, I did go through my closet and take home a great deal of stuff that I knew I either could not wear or would not wear anymore and organized my closet so that all of the colors are together (it’s my organization obsession…which is why my house is such a mess…I refuse to put anything away unless it is organized!)  My room has literally been a disaster for at least a year and I have been avoiding getting it all organized.  Well, this week I decided that I just couldn’t handle it anymore so one afternoon, after getting off work early, I tackled the room.  There have been quite a few times I have pulled out clothes to take home and in my attempts to clean up, I actually put them back in the closet and it became a vicious cycle.  This time, I actually bagged them up and sat them out in the hall and I have to say I was proud of myself. 

DSC00433

This is the product of my hard work…although it may not look like much, it is more than I’ve done in a long time and I was so excited to see all of it go, that I’m actually trying to find things to fill up more bags! :)

Although to the passing viewer, my room still looks like a disaster but I was proud of my small accomplishment.  I hope to add many more bags full of stuff to the set pictured above :)  I promise to take pictures of my room when it is finally all clean!! :)

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin