Ok, so if you know anything about me…you know I have a slight obsession with Barbies. It’s not as unhealthy as my shoe obsession (because I don’t add to my collection as often), but I do have the walls of an entire room, floor to ceiling, covered with hundreds of collectible Barbies (Right now, it is an extension of my closet at home but if I can ever get it cleaned out, I’m taking a picture…it’s pretty amazing). I have everything from the Holiday Barbies (I have every single one since they started making them in 1980 something until now! :)) to the special edition themed Barbies you find in grocery stores. Although the only Barbies, I’ve added in the past 5 or 6 years are my holiday ones, I still enjoy looking. (Let’s just say my cousin had a hard time getting me off of the Barbie floor at FAO Schwartz in NYC!! ;))
Anyway, as with a lot of bloggers, I’m an avid blog reader. So much that I added all of my feeds to Google Reader so that I could keep up. Most of them are party planning blogs, but random ones have snuck in there as “recommended links”.
Since Barbie just celebrated her 50th anniversary, many of the blogs have been discussing various celebrations and events that honored Barbie. This morning, I got on to read one of my favorite blogs called Cake Wrecks, a blog dedicated to all of those professional cakes that went horribly wrong, and I saw this:

Yes, folks…this is a cake! According to Cake Wrecks:
That's pastry chef Jean Michel Raynaud there, too, unveiling his chocolate mud-cake Barbie in honor of the doll's 50th anniversary. (According to an interview he did here, Raynaud is the creative director of Sweet Art in Sydney.)


I mean…can you imagine? And to make it better, it is made of chocolate….I’m in heaven! :) I’m expecting to see this at my 25th birthday party…hint hint ;) Just kidding!
Happy Sunday!
Note: The pictures and links courtesy of Cake Wrecks. Please go to the Cake Wrecks Blog to read more about it and see more pictures!L
Love,
Maegan

0 comments:
Post a Comment