Pages

Friday, March 6, 2009

One of the reasons I never cook…

is that my kitchen ends up looking like this:

DSC00431

Note:  please do not enlarge this picture…it will scare you!

Anyway, last night, I had the bright idea I was going to make dinner for Alex.  If you know anything about me, you know that I do not cook for several reasons:

  1. The chaos you see above…where’s my sous chef to come clean up after me ;)
  2. I have not cooked long enough to be comfortable in the kitchen, therefore I end up stressing myself out beyond belief
  3. When you have a boyfriend who can cook things you can only see in fancy restaurants and have no idea what it tastes like much less how to cook it, why bother? ;)

Well, Alex always cooks for me and I wanted to do something for him (and try to appear more domestic…hahaha)  so I decided to make lasagna…homemade lasagna.  I get several food magazines that have tons of recipes and I always go through with stickies and mark the ones I would like to try, but I never do.  Alex loves lasagna and when I found a recipe, I decided I’d try it.  Of course by the time I bought everything, we probably could have gone to an Italian restaurant for cheaper (and let’s face it, and probably better food), but oh well.  Although the lasagna wasn’t pretty, it tasted okay…Alex actually had two pieces last night and ate some for lunch today…and he’s still alive! :)  I also made caesar salad, garlic bread, and bought a french mousse pie (although we have yet to try it) so we had a decent dinner.  On top of cooking for Alex, I also had to make green eggs and ham for school (it’s Read Across America week!) so my poor kitchen got pounded last night as you can see from the picture above.  Of course, my dishwasher chose this week to go out so I have to wash dishes by hand so I’m about to get on that right now :)  Overall, I felt both dishes were a success so hopeful I’ll get up the nerve (and energy) to cook again soon!

 

Have a fabulous Friday!

M

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin