I must begin by saying, I'm loving this gorgeous weather. Although I keep trying to pull out my bright colors, I am old-fashioned and just can't make myself do it until after Easter. Since it is much earlier this year, I won't have to wait long!
My parents went down to South Alabama this weekend to watch Josh (or his team) play in a baseball tournament. I had originally planned to go, but since my family members are not people that plan ahead, I just couldn't get everything in order to go with them. Unfortunately, Josh's leg was bothering him so he still didn't get to play. I feel so bad for him because he's been released to play, but he forgets that he had a major injury and tries to push himself way too hard. He's like me...he wants instant gratification. Please keep him in your prayers that he makes a healthy and speedy recovery!
Since I had originally planned to go with the fam, I didn't make many plans for this weekend. It was nice though because I got to catch up on some sleep (and I actually think I got a little too much!) and relax. I had planned to do some spring cleaning, but of course that did not happen! I did watch a lot of "Chick Flicks" and the entire 3rd season of "Sex and the City" (I've been putting it off because it's my last set I own...I need to go out and purchase the rest).
As most of you know, Sunday is mine and Alex's "date night". We've had so much going on this semester most of our date nights have turned into us sitting and watching TV. Alex had told me on Saturday night that he just wanted to sleep so I didn't bother to call him and at about 6ish he called me saying he was up and asked me what I wanted to do for food and for our date night. We finally decided on dinner and a movie. Since Alex and I have been dating a while, we don't go out on many stereotypical dates (we did that in high school), but when we do I get excited because they are so rare :) Anyway, we are both indecisive people so it is always tough for us to decide what to do but we finally settled on Olive Garden for dinner. When we left, we went by the movie theater and decided to see Semi-Pro. It's a typical Will Ferrell movie, but if you like his stuff...you'll love this. Since we were getting home fairly early, we decided we'd watch another movie at his apartment because there was nothing else to do (with his big screen and surround sound...we love watching movies over there!). We started watching Wedding Crashers on TV while we decided on a movie from On Demand. We finally chose "The Brave One" watched that, watched TV for a bit and saw and advertisement for the "Heartbreak Kid", so we decided to watch that as well. So we had our own little movie marathon! It was nice and relaxing and we got to spend some time together and for the first time, neither one of us had anything pressing to do so we got to truly relax and enjoy each other's company.
What can I say, I love my lazy Sundays with Alex :)
Have a happy Monday!
Maegan
Monday, March 3, 2008
Lazy Sunday's
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment