Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

It's that time of year again: Wedding Season!!

Well, not your typical "Wedding Season" but in my world, wedding season has officially begun because I attended my first wedding of the year this weekend. It was for my friend Lauren who, although we have not talked in a while, I still consider one of my dear friends. We met doing Avanti orientation together back when we were Freshman and it is really hard to believe she's now married!! She has exquisite taste and her wedding was nothing short of a magazine/TV-worthy wedding. She, much like me, is a stickler for the details so I had high expectations for this wedding and she certainly did not disappoint :) Here is a picture of Alex and I at the reception:
Unfortunately, my camera died (I thought I had grabbed new batteries, but apparently I grabbed some old ones) so this was the only picture I got. However, another friend of mine took a great deal of pictures (she was a bridesmaid) so I'll "borrow" some from her when she uploads them :) Alex and I did have an amazing time though...and as always, Lauren threw a fabulous party! :) We spent 4 hours driving there to get ready, head to the wedding, the reception, go back to the hotel sleep for a few hours and then drive 4 hours back to Tuscaloosa. Needless to say, we were exhausted when we got back on Sunday evening. On top of that, we've both caught a cold (probably because it was snowing and icey in Nashville) but all and all is was a good weekend.

I've got several other weddings coming up in the near future and although mine is no where in sight, it's still fun to think about planning it. Since I'm addicted to event planning, I've begun killing time at work reading planning blogs which of course do a lot of wedding stuff. I've had fun rifling through all of the stuff and making notes in case I get married someday :) Too bad you can't just have a wedding for the heck of it! ;)

Anyway, I've been lazy this afternoon since I'm not feeling well, but I'm about to have to trek back to the office for a meeting so I'll try and update again later :)

Love,
M

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin