Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Random Ramblings…

(a.k.a. checking in, and catching up)

I still have not had a chance to sit down and write a proper post, and I have so much on my plate right now, it is looking like that time isn’t coming any time soon. 

Anyway, I just wanted to check in for the few of you who still read.  Yes, I’m alive (barely), no my dissertation is not finished, and no Alex and I are not engaged….those are the highlights right? Winking smile

By the way, how is already March?  My plan was to have the first two chapters of my dissertation written and scheduling my proposal meeting for next month – yeah, not happening.  Now, I’m shooting for a May proposal meeting…we’ll see how that goes. I thought that dissertation hours meant I actually had time to write my dissertation, however, I’ve found myself working on conference proposals, articles for publications, sitting in on candidate meetings/presentations/meet and greets for department positions all the while attempting to celebrate all of my friends’ “major life events’ (i.e. engagements, weddings, babies (LOTS of babies, new houses, new jobs, grad school….)  I’m exhausted and thanks to our early spring, my allergies/asthma are rearing their ugly heads and lowering my productivity greatly.

Anyway, I’m still here, still reading your blogs (although I never have time to comment), and I miss you guys!!  HOPEFULLY I’ll have a chance to do a quick catch up on events later.

Much love,
Maegan

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin