Everyone that knows me (or at least knows me really well), knows I’m obsessed with “Wizard of Oz” and anything related.
I mentioned this to my dear friend Taylor back in the summer of 2004, and he said “Oh, have you heard about ‘Wicked’?” When I told him I hadn’t, he proceeded to tell me about it, and told me that he had a not so legal video of one of the performances on Broadway (just to clarify, he wasn’t the one that taped the performance, a friend of his gave him the video and there is no telling where they got it….) Anyway, he brought the video over that evening and despite the terrible quality, I was IN LOVE. Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth won me over with their amazing performances and I was determined to see it live!
Over the next few years, “Wicked” began touring and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t manage to make it to a show. Seriously – it was in California the week before we got there and I missed it in Arkansas by a week as well. When I heard it was coming to Birmingham, I casually mentioned it to Alex (ok, I practically begged him to go with me), and my sweet Alex not only agreed to go with me, but he bought me tickets as part of my Valentine’s Day present for the showing this past Saturday
Before leaving my apartment – yes, we are both in green and black
Since we had to drive to Birmingham, we made a date night out of it starting with tapas at the Wine Loft.

This may be one of my new favorite restaurants! We enjoyed several small plates and lounged on the couches in the back room (which we had all to ourselves )

Source – They didn’t have this beautiful table set up in the middle, but the rest was pretty much the same
After “dinner”, we headed to the BJCC and got settled in to watch the show. I was so excited!
Waiting for the show to start
Backdrop for the opening scene
The show was amazing as expected…even Alex liked it! I highly recommend you going to see it if you have the chance
Before we left, poor Alex stood in line with me for at least 30 minutes to get some souvenirs. Even though they sold the same ones online, I couldn’t leave empty handed so I ended up getting a coffee mug, a reusable grocery bag, and a souvenir program. By the time we finished, it had pretty much cleared out so we were able to get a picture with the sign
Us with the poster (yes, my clutch is green and black as well )
My green shoes that didn’t make it in any other pictures.;)
As you can see, we had a wonderful belated Valentine’s Day celebration!

0 comments:
Post a Comment