Before I left to come home for Spring Break, I did some “Spring Cleaning” in my closet. I have a TON of stuff, so even this little space in my closet was a huge accomplishment
As I’ve mentioned before, I’m OBSESSED with flavored coffee, but it has been a while since I purchased any. I stocked up on Keurig’s website with lots of their variety packs, which of course means lots of fun flavors for me to try!
The hospital that my mom has worked in for over 30 years (and has been open since 1948) closed its doors to patients back in January, but my mom was on the closeout team (she’s the Materials Manager, i.e. she buys and manages all of the supplies) so she had to stick around to completely close down the hospital. On Tuesday I went and helped her with a few things before her last day (which was yesterday – Thursday), and snapped this picture of her empty store room. More on this later, but it was definitely a sad sight….
On Tuesday, I had a dentist appointment. On top of the normal cleaning, I started something called Smart Moves (the invisible braces similar to others I’m sure you’ve seen advertise), to start on my journey for perfect teeth. More on this later as well, but I will say that they’ve been a pain all week – literally!
Yesterday, Alex and I celebrated the 10th anniversary of us meeting. Although we obviously have not dated for ten years, it is still pretty special to know that my sweetie has been in my life some way or another for an entire decade now. My, how time flies! This is the ticket stub from the night we met. To read our “How we met” story, check out the post I wrote here.
Speaking of our relationship, my dad was cleaning out an old filing cabinet and found a notebook he thought was blank. Turns out it was my old dance/choreography notebook where I kept all of my stuff from teaching dance. As I thumbed through the pages, I found this written on one of my pages of choreography notes – doodlings from 17 year old Maegan. Perfect timing that I found it almost ten years later and I still agree with that today!
My daddy took the week off as well, so he took my brother and I to lunch at a little rinky dink restaurant yesterday. Anyway, they had a BBQ sundae, and between my sore teeth and just the fact that it intrigued me, I ordered it. It was amazing! I’d seen them on Pinterest and I usually mix all of my stuff together anyway so I knew it would be safe to try it, and thankfully it did not disappoint!
I also had to make a trip to see my allergist yesterday. I have horrible allergies anyway, and as I wrote in this post, I have now tacked on mild asthma to my list of ailments. Although I have been MUCH better from the last round of meds he gave me back in August, I ran out, and have been trying to battle the early pollen attack on my own (and failing miserably, I might add). Since I was home, I nervously decided to go back to visit him to get some sort of medicine in hopes of getting some relief. Thankfully he was impressed with my progress and just gave me a refill on my inhaler, a steroid shot, and perscription for an antihistamine. Fingers crossed I’ll survive this spring!
Anyway, that’s it for this week!!! We’ve got a busy weekend and week ahead so I’m sure I’ll have lots more to add to next week’s post!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Much love,
Maegan

0 comments:
Post a Comment