Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

Phone Dump Friday

It’s that time again…life through the lens of my Blackberry!

image

Alex arrived early afternoon last Friday and we went to a Tuscaloosa favorite, Hooligan’s for hummus and their famous mint sweet tea.  Yum!

image

My dad is in the process of building a hunting lodge, so when I saw this sign at Hobby Lobby, I had to snatch it up to put in the cabin

image

Alex made one of my favorites:  turkey burgers, with goat cheese, avocados, and his “special spread”.  We paired with spicy sweet potato fries for dinner – yummy!

image

For breakfast last Saturday, we made Skinny Hash Brown egg white nests.  They were delicious…more on the cooking blog later!

image

We stopped by one of our favorite bakeries to check out the big sale they were having in their consignment bakeware shop (which we racked up big in, but I forgot to take a picture of. Sad smile), and the bakery was having a cookie decorating contest.  We chose not to enter the contest but we each got to decorate a free cookie, so that we did.  Surprisingly Alex’s design was far more obnoxious than my own, but only because he wanted lots of icing.

 

imageimage

Enjoying our creations in the courtyard Smile

image

We also went into a little old toy shop, and of course, Alex had to play with some of the toys.

 

image

On Sunday, we grabbed Zoe’s for lunch and took it out to the park.  Beautiful day for a picnic lunch!

image

When Alex lived in Tuscaloosa, we would go to Barnes and Noble every Sunday afternoon just to grab a coffee and look around.  This past Sunday, we shared a tall Java Chip frappucino and some magazine reading (yes, that is a wedding magazine…just because I love looking at all of the pretty weddings Winking smile)

image

imageimage

Since I don’t have any kiddos of my own, I enjoy spoiling my psuedo neice and nephews (my friends’ kids), so of course, I couldn’t wait to put together Easter baskets for them.  The top two are for my friend Christina’s two children, and the bottom two are for baby Colton (my friend Crystal’s little boy) and for baby Cooper (my friend Jenn’s little boy) who are both celebrating their first Easter this year!  Alex was a ton of help in helping me pick out things, and I LOVE how they turned out.

image

We found this button at a little shop in downtown Northport and since Alex is obsessed with bugs, I had to get it Smile

 

image

Yesterday, I headed down to Montgomery and stopped off in Birmingham to visit my friends and drop off Easter baskets.  I also go to love on my friend’s little one.  I didn’t get a picture of me with him, but his Mommy took a picture of him with his Easter basket I gave him.  I love that he is looking up at the basket…So sweet!

image

 

image

I also FINALLY got my iPad replaced (since I cracked the screen almost a year ago!) It is so crazy having a new one, but I LOVE it!

image

Alex planned a “surprise date” for us last night, so before we left, he made a delicious dinner of tuna steaks, stir fry veggies, and rice pilaf.

image

For Alex’s birthday, we went to an awesome restaurant in Old Cloverdale in Montgomery.  As we were going into the restaurant, we passed this pretty little Art Deco style theatre.  I’m obsessed with old theatres so I had to stop and admire it for a few minutes.  Well, Alex did some research and found out they were showing “The Artist” (which I have been dying to see) at this cute little theater last night only, so he surprised me with tickets.  It was AMAZING!  The movie, the atmosphere, the company – perfection!

Well, that’s it for now!  Enjoy your weekend and I’ll see you next week!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin