Read the first three parts here, here, and here
We were told maintenance would be there at 9:00 am to check on the leak, so that everything would be finished by Friday (the deadline my mom gave them since everyone would be down that Saturday for the home game). Of course, maintenance wasn’t there until early afternoon.
Thankfully, when maintenance did arrive, it was my favorite maintenance guy so I was a bit relieved to see someone I could deal with. He checked and couldn’t figure anything out. A little while later, I got a knock at my door and it was the property manager and the head honcho. They wanted to see it for themselves and make the decision of whether or not to continue with the project or start all over again.
They decided that they would just continue and if it kept causing problems, they would deal with it later (gotta love their mentality). They said they would send someone that afternoon to come put the last coat of stuff on the sheet rock. They also told me that the painters, cleaning crew, and maintenance would be back the next day (Friday) to finish everything up so that I could get my bathroom back in order before everyone arrived on Saturday.
The guy came in fairly late that day and finished up the sheet rocking. The next day (Friday), I got up and waited on the painters, who didn’t arrive until late that afternoon. Thankfully, they got right to work
My newly painted bathroom
Alex got arrived from Montgomery while they were working and got to meet the property manager when he came by to check on progress. The property manager said “As soon as the painters leave, the cleaning crew is coming in. If they don’t show, let me know, and I’ll crack the whip”. I was so glad Alex was there when he said it because, true to form, no cleaners showed.
Alex was furious, but I was glad he finally got to experience the nonsense and incompetency I had been dealing with. I called the property manager and told him they never showed, hoping he would call me back, but it being after hours, of course I heard nothing. Since the painters didn’t wrap up until after 6:00, we didn’t have high hopes for the cleaners but we thought maybe he prepared them for a late job…apparently not.
I decided that it was not worth waiting on them so Alex and I decided to clean the bathroom ourselves so that I could move everything back in. We went to Family Dollar, bought all the stuff, turned on Pandora and got to work.
We were literally on our hands and knees scrubbing that bathroom from top to bottom…including mopping the floor 3 times. Let me tell you though, it was sparkling clean by the time we got done!
The dirty water from the mop bucket…gross right?
We got the bathroom all put back together and for the first time in over a year, I had a usable bathroom…it was wonderful!
Sorry, I didn’t take any after pictures…we were exhausted!
The following Monday was Labor Day, so of course there was no word from the property manager. On Tuesday afternoon, I got a knock at the door and when I opened it, I saw one of the painters there with his wife and kid holding a mop, telling me he was there to clean. Why the painter didn’t just stay and clean after he finished painting the other day, I don’t know, but I told him we’d already done it and we didn’t need it cleaned any more. I also wanted to tell him that it was so nasty, a sole mop was not going to be helpful, but I kept my mouth shut and sent him on his way.
Although we got the bathroom clean, I was still waiting for them to send someone to put my light fixture back up. The property manager did call on Thursday and leave a message saying he sent the cleaning crew and I turned them away, and that everything should be done now. Of course it wasn’t (and still hasn’t been done a month later), but I’m tired of dealing of with them so I’ve just decided to deal with a naked light for a while :)
Anyway, I am still have issues with a leak, but until it gets bad again…I’m leaving it alone.
At least I have a shower again! :)
The End…kind of ;)

0 comments:
Post a Comment