Pages

Saturday, September 3, 2011

2011 Home Opener – Bama vs. Kent State

This weekend, my beloved Crimson Tide kicked off the season with a game against Kent State.

Kent State is a sterotypical “home opener” team, so we were not too concerned with the outcome of the game, but it was fun playing against Coach’s alma mater. :)

Not only did Kent State produce our beloved coach, but they also have helped a great deal with the storm relief efforts.  You can read more about their contribution here.  To show respect, the University and fans decided not to “boo” the Kent State players as they entered the stadium and forego our traditional victory song, “Rammer Jammer” after we won.  Things like that make me proud to be part of the Crimson Tide family :)

Anyway, the game was pretty much like watching a scrimmage game, but it is nice to have a home opener like that (especially since the other school in the state had a more difficult time than we did in their home opener)  Plus, it was nice to get a glimpse of our new QB(s) :)

As usual, I worked for recruiting.  We had low numbers, so it was helpful for all of the newbies to get their bearings before we move into the huge games :)

Because the home opener is the only game I get to wear a white dress, I had no problem deciding what I was wearing, but rather which one.  I picked out a cute white dress, but due to my 10-day steroid pack and the ten pounds and massive swelling it has brought on, I had to change dresses at the last minute.  I got to wear white though so I was happy regardless (especially since it was HOT)

Anyway, here are a few pictures from the game.  As mentioned above, I am super swollen so please excuse my puffy face.  On top of that, I am so splotchy thanks to my OTHER medication that gives me hot flashes….gotta love side effects of medicines!

9/3/11 - Bama vs. Kent State - Alex and I :)9/3/11 Bama vs. Kent State 9/3/11 Bama vs. Kent State9/3/11 Bama vs. Kent State9/3/11 Bama vs. Kent State9/3/11 Bama vs. Kent State9/3 Bama vs. Kent State - Alex and I (excuse the swollen face - one of the side effects of my 10-day steroid pack...yuck!)   

  To celebrate the win/season opener, I whipped up some homemade red velvet cupcakes ( with pecans grown in our front yard).  This was a family recipe that I have never tried to make, but I was impressed how they turned out.  In fact, they turned out so well that most were gone off the cooling rack before I could even get the camera out! ;)9/3/11 - Bama vs. Kent State - Celebratory homemade red velvet cupcakes (or what was left of them.  By the time I got the camera out, the natives had already gotten into them ;)

All in all, it was an EXCELLENT way to kick off football season!! :)

ROLL TIDE! :)

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin