So, when I last left off, the maintenance people were supposed to come for the third time, and of course, they didn’t.
That was on Saturday, and they were no shows, so we e-mailed the property manager (the one that has been the thorn in our sides this entire process) on Monday and let him know that they didn’t come. This was his response back.
I’m sorry the painters did not show up like they had promised me they would. They called me this morning and assured me that they were headed over there this morning, but per your email from Friday, I asked them to wait till Tuesday, because Monday was going to be a very busy day for Maegan. I have instructed them to call me when they get there and I am personally going to walk them through what I would like for them to do, since sending them over there has proved to be unsuccessful to this point. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.
On Tuesday morning, I got up and got everything ready for them to come AGAIN. They did finally arrive, only to tell me they had to go get the Killz and a ladder. Maybe it is just me, but I would think that if you are coming to replace the sheetrock in a moldy bathroom, those would be two items you would come prepared with…apparently not.
Anyway, they stayed gone until after lunch and they FINALLY came back and got to work. I got to hear all about one of the guy’s marital issues because he and his wife argued on the phone most of the time they were here, however, they did get the bathroom sprayed down with this Kilz stuff. It immediately looked SO much better!
Then, they put in the sheet rock and closed up the hole. During that time, they had to borrow a hammer, screwdriver, a broom, and a dustpan (organized aren’t they?) but they let me know that “no critters could come out and get me now”. Thanks guys!
They told me that they would be back the next day to finish everything up and I should be good to go.
As of 1:15 the following day, no one had come and I had received no correspondence from anyone. Mom sent the property manager an e-mail and he said they would be back that afternoon, and maintenance would come the following day to replace the fixtures, and the cleaning crew would come in after that.
At about 5:00 pm, they showed up without a ladder again of course. They even asked if they could borrow a step stool! Anyway, I took them back there for them to get busy and I noticed a dark spot in the middle of the spot they patched up. Guess what, it was a water spot!
So, they said they couldn’t do anything else until that was fixed so I called the realty company and the property manager came out to check it. The water spot was pretty clear (although I didn’t take a picture of it), and he said he would send maintenance out the first thing in the morning to check on it.'
So here we go again…Stay tuned for the exciting conclusion of the “Bathroom Blues” saga ! ;)

0 comments:
Post a Comment