If you missed the intro to this drama, you can catch up here.
When I left off yesterday, I was waiting for the maintenance folks to show, and of course, my suspicions were right and they never came. We emailed the property manager, that we've been reluctantly dealing with this whole process, he read the email and never responded. Then, mom resorted to calling him early afternoon,and his only response was "they told me they were coming. Let me call them". She waited until she was getting ready to the leave the office, around 3, and emailed him again letting him know that he would have to call her on her cell phone. He finally called her back with some seemingly nonsense sorry about how they went to the wrong apartment complex and after going back and forth and her explaining we needed to know when they were coming so I could plan ahead (because remember, I have an emptied out bathroom ready for demolition, sheet rocking, etc) and he finally said that he would send them this morning, at 9:00 am. Mom assured him that if they didn't show, he would be getting a phone call.
So this morning, I got up early, got ready for a meeting I had at 11:00 since I knew it would be difficult for me to get ready while they were here, and patiently waited for them to arrive. 9:00 am ticked by and nothing, 10:00, 10:30 and before I knew it, it was time for me to go. Mom and I decided that, odds were that they were not coming, but I left a note on the bathroom door justin case. We also decided we'd wait until after I got out of my meeting at 2 to call the property manager and let him know that they didn't show (which I think is ridiculous hat we have to call him. Shouldn't he have called us to ask if they made it since they have already been no-shows twice? Just my thoughts). Mom called him around 2:30, and of course he did not answer the phone. She left him a nice long message about his lack of communication and management skills... I don't know, she was ticked haha.
Anyway, we've decided that our next step is to call the company's namesake. He's just a broker, but he seems to be the next step up and the only other option for now. Our plan is to explain the situation (because we are not sure how much he knows), and demand a solution and a timeline. We have also said that since we are subjected to using "their people", if they are no shows again, then we are hiring our own people and will send them the bill. If that doesn't help, I guess we could take it a step further and get building inspectors and health dept involved, but I hope it doesn't get to that. I just want to shower and get ready in my bathroom again! :(
At the time of this post, he has not called back, but I will be sure to update if he does.
Stay tuned.

0 comments:
Post a Comment