Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Alabama vs. Arkansas

This week, we had our first SEC match-up against the Arkansas Razorbacks.  I have to admit I was a bit nervous because 1.) it was our first true test for our new guys, 2.) It is Arkansas, who gave us huge fits last year 3.) It is an SEC game…period.  Thankfully, there was no reason for me to be nervous because we did an awesome job!  To sum up the game (and our many highlight-worthy moments), check out this highlight reel from the University…one word – LOVE!

At the beginning of the game, we were all a little nervous.  Although we were never down, Arkansas did tie it up.  All it took was one play to get our momentum rolling and Arkansas was never able to catch up :)

I loved getting to enjoy the win with the folks I love, Alex…   9/24 Bama vs. Arkansas - Alex and I

And of course my family!

Bama vs. Arkansas_2011 09 24_2723

Everyone was so excited and BDS (Bryant-Denny Stadium) was REALLY loud!  Needless to say, we sang our victory song, “Rammer Jammer” LOUD and proud! 

See?

Bama vs. Arkansas 2011 - Rammer Jammer from Maegan Slaten on Vimeo.

Afterwards, we met up with my dear friend Reba and her family who were doing some post-game tailgating.  I was exhausted, but it was worth it to see her.  She just finished up radiation, so we haven’t gotten to see her in a while, but we made up for lost time! :)

9/24 Bama vs. Arkansas - We stopped by Rebecca's family tailgate on our way back home...and of course we had to get our traditional game day photo :)

You can tell how tired I was (and my steroid pounds)!  Yikes!

 9/25 Bama vs. Arkansas - Alex and Reba

Alex and Reba

On the way back to the apartment, Alex and I just happened to look towards the stadium and we saw this.

9/24 Bama vs. Arkansas - Our view walking home...breathtaking!  Love that place :)

Bryant-Denny is always beautiful, but something seeing it like this just took it to a whole new level. LOVE!

Perfect end to a perfect day!

We’ve got an away game next week, so I won’t have a game recap until after Homecoming on October 8th :)

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin