Pages

Friday, January 23, 2009

New Easel!!

This probably should go in my teaching blog, but it is how I spent my weekend so I thought I could post it on both for different reasons.  Our principal ordered us an awesome easel for all of the kindergarten classes and although we knew it was big, we did not realize just HOW big it was (seriously...you'll see in the pictures).  So when it arrived in 3 boxes at least my height and 2 of me wide, I knew this was a task that Miss Independent had to ask help for.  So I proceeded to call Alex and sweet talk him into coming to help me and this is how the conversation went:

Me: (In my sweetest, poor damsel in distress voice) So, um, I need a favor
Alex:  Ok, what's that? (already annoyed I'm sure)
Me:  I need you to help me put together my new easel
Alex:  Okay, but isn't an easel just like three sticks.
Me:  Well, this is a really big easel and I can't do it by myself.
Alex:  Okay (still not convinced that he is needed for this project)

The next day when he arrived at school:
Alex:  Holy cow, you didn't tell me that this was like the monster of easels.
Me:  I told you it was big! :)

Anyway, him being wonderful Alex, he got to work putting my monster easel together.  My co-workers had their husbands put it together and they said it would take about three hours so after we got the million pieces unwrapped and sorted out, Alex settled in with his Ipod and one of my kids' chairs and did what he does best....put things together. 


We are having walk-throughs on Monday so I thought I would get some work done in my room while he worked (since most of the time, it is better for me to just stay out of the way :) and I actually got quite a bit done.   It only took Alex about an hour and a half once he got started (without the drill that the others used might I add...yeah he's that good :)) and he even had to wait about thirty minutes on me to get finished with my stuff so we could leave together.  Although I hadn't finished everything, I was so ready to leave that I decided I would come back the next day.  Here's what I got finished though (Note:  I forgot to take pictures of the finished easel so I'll take them tomorrow when my room is all cleaned and ready for walk-throughs)


0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin