Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Interview and Last Day at CCI


Note: I apologize for the randomness of this post, but this is what happens when your life is all over the place :)

Okay, first thing....go see "Get Smart"! It was super cute and funny and made me totally forget about my interview today :)

Also, today's my parents 26th Wedding Anniversary!! Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad!

I had my interview today at 8 am. I felt like I did okay on the interview and the administration was super nice, but I don't really have a good feeling about getting the job. I'm not sure if it's because I got burned by not getting the job at my dream school, or I'm unconsciously preparing myself for a letdown, or if God is trying to tell me this isn't the job for me. Either way, they told me that I would find out either this afternoon (which I haven't) or tomorrow so we'll see. I had a slight breakdown tonight because although I know there's a reason behind me not getting the job (possibly jobs) it still hurts and puts a damper on my self-esteem. I don't like not having everything in order in my life and the uncertainty for the fall is unsettling to me. After a long talk with my parents and lots of tears, I've decided that if I don't hear anything by next Monday, I'm going to apply to be a sub. With all of the schools in Tuscaloosa, surely I'll get a decent amount of sub time and hopefully a decent amount of money. Plus, it will be a great way to get experience and get my foot in the door. I know several teachers at my dream school that are going on maternity leave and I've already told them to make sure they consider me if I'm not working anywhere. Maybe this is God's way of finding something better for me...I don't know, but I do feel better knowing that I can at least have something to do for the fall. Anyway, enough of that....

Today was my last day at CCI, so I spent most of the day cleaning out my desk. My boss did tell me that she would help me get a position on campus if I desperately needed one so there's another back up plan as well. I've got to go back sometime and finish cleaning my stuff off of the computer and get a few more of my things, but I'm officially finished working there. After I got home, Alex and I went to lunch at Zoe's (one of my favorite places to eat) so seeing him and getting to eat more yummy chicken salad made me feel worlds better. Right now I'm sitting here watching "Fool's Gold" and trying to get stuff organized on my computer. Hopefully I'll hear something tomorrow and I'll be sure to update.

Also, Josh's surgery is tomorrow at 1 so keep him in your prayers!

Much love,
Maegan

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin