Pages

Monday, June 23, 2008

Good news and the bad news

Before I get to good news, Josh update:

Mom called the plastic surgeon/ENT and he's going to see Josh on Wednesday and he'll probably have the surgery sometime this week...I'll keep you updated!

My good news:

On Friday (as I do everyday) I kept a constant check on the job board on the state board of education's website. I was looking at it one minute and then flipped pages and then flipped back and there were 2 new positions listed and I went ahead and clicked reply. Because this is something I do constantly I didn't expect anything of it, however, this morning before I left for work I got a phone call from one of the schools wanting me to come for an interview for a first grade position Thursday morning at 8 am. This is not a school I know much about, but I do know that my old clinical supervisor is very well connected with the school (I think she used to teach there, but I can't remember) and that one of the girls I graduated with is a first grade teacher there. Anyway, everyone I told said it was a wonderful school so I decided to drive out tonight to familiarize myself with the area, which leads me to the bad news....

It is REALLY far out there....as in over 30 minutes with traffic. It's not that big of a deal, but it just kinda made my heart sink a little knowing that I would be doing a lot of driving and spending a lot of money on gas if I got the position. However, since there's been such wonderful things said about the school, I'm hoping that outweighs the drive :)

I e-mailed both my old supervisor and my friend and had them put in a good word for me. My supervisor actually went up and saw the principal and called her after getting the okay from me (she's wonderful like that) so hopefully that'll help.

Anyway, I'll update you after the interview!! :)

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin