I'm so sorry I have not blogged much this week, but it was a busy rest of the week. As I mentioned in the last post, I had a lot to do before my Gadsden class and my parent's visit (and little did I know, Alex's parents visit). Being the compulsive list maker that I am, I even made out a minute-by-minute schedule. I of course did not follow it, but I felt better just planning it out like that. So I'd been working on one of my many assignments due for the weekend. Our teacher was very lenient about turning stuff in and although I hate turning it stuff late, he told us at our last class on the March 15th, that we could turn in the rest of our assignments at the last class. Well, I thought..."this won't be a problem" WRONG! I forgot there were only two weeks between the classes instead of the usual month (one of which was spring break) so it was a harder task than I thought. I was pretty good and worked on a lot of it at work, but being the procrastinator I am I left some of it until Friday. I spent the majority of the day going between cleaning and homework because I have a hard time focusing on one thing for too long if I have other stuff that has to be done. Ten o'clock rolled around and I was finishing my last bit of homework. Even though my apartment was still far from presentable, I at least felt better knowing that was done. I saved it and went back to cleaning. At about 2:00 A MI decided to go ahead and put it on my jump drive so I wouldn't forget it. Well because my computer and I don't get along too well, it decided to be complicated and crash and resort back to a previously saved draft of one of my huge assignments. I seriously freaked out because this was actually the assignment I'd been working on all week. So I of course tried everything I could think of to get it back and decided instead of wasting more time on a lost cause, I was just going to start over on it. Thankfully it resorted back to a point that I had a lot of my links done (it was a webquest) so I didn't have to re-search all of that again. It still took me several hours to get it done. I finished at 5:30 and because I knew I had to get up at 6:30 I decided it was a better idea just to stay up which I did.
The two hour drive was tough, but thankfully class went well and although the two hour drive back was just as bad, I did have a sense of relief knowing that I only had 1 class to stress over now :) I got back just in time to do some more cleaning and relaxing before having to head to Josh's game at 2 (that was the reason of my parents' visit, Josh had a baseball game here in Tuscaloosa). It was their usual double header and the second game got delayed because of the weather so we spent a good deal of time at the ballfield. I was fighting staying awake and when it started raining, we went to the car and I got to take a much needed nap for a little while. After the game, we headed back to my apartment because my mom wanted to clean some (she LOVES to clean!) and I wanted to go to the Library's last night later that evening. After they left, I got ready and headed to the bar to say goodbye to the Library (Note: it deserves its own post so I will blog in detail sometime next week) Needless to say, I passed out when I got home about 2:30 AM.
Unfortunately, I did not get to sleep late on Sunday because Alex's parents were coming in town. I had no idea when they'd be there so I woke up at 9 so I could get ready just in case. They didn't arrive until 1, so I had some time to straighten up the apartment so that they could come see it (all except the bedroom - it's still off limits :)) and meet them over at Alex's. They took us to lunch at Hokkaido which is one of mine and Alex's favorite restaurants. It was yummy as always! Then we did our usual Starbucks and Target run and then they came to check out my apartment. After they left, I had some downtime to nap which was nice until Alex called and wanted to do dinner and a movie for our "date night". We watched Ocean's 11 and had chicken cordon bleu YUM!
Yesterday was the usual Monday...nothing too exciting. It was however the last official day the Libary would be open, but the owner decided to run it with all of his friends so Alex didn't have to go. Today was of course April Fool's Day and the only joke I had to deal with was that my friend Tara changed her Facebook status to engaged. I called her and fussed at her for not letting me know, and she of course told me it was a joke. I was happy that I got to see Alex tonight though! I'm a huge Johnny Depp fan and of course "Sweeney Todd" came out today. Alex bought it and he made dinner (Beer Brats which I had never had and was surprised to find out they were really good). The movie was amazing! I highly recommend you seeing it. Alex had already seen it in the theater and I was surprised he wanted to see it again since it was a musical, but he really liked it. One of my favorite songs "Not While I'm Around" was in it! :)
Anyway, I just got home (he had to study) so I'm going to get some stuff done around here and go to bed.
I'll update later!
Much love,
Maegan
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
My crazy weekend & Happy April Fool's!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment