Recently, Alex and I celebrated our 6th dating anniversary!! It is hard to believe we’ve been together that long (and known each other for almost 8 years!) Since our anniversary fell on a Wednesday, we decided to celebrate the weekend before.
As usual, Alex came in on Thursday night. Since he gets in town so late, our Thursday nights are usually pretty lame, but not this time! Alex and I were so anxious to give each other our presents (we’re both nerds that get more excited about the other person’s gift than our own :)), so we went ahead and got it out of the way.
I let Alex open his from me first….
“Oooh a BlueFly bag!” (Side note: Alex had no clue what BlueFly was until he saw one of my BlueFly bags…then when he was sitting through the third viewing of the SATC movie, he noticed that Carrie had one in the background in her apt :) Anyway, he was pretty excited about getting his own BlueFly bag ;))
“Um, how do I open this? I don’t want to tear the sticker!”…I had to show him my trick of sliding it out the side (which I may or may not have figured out how to do when it arrived because I couldn’t wait to see it ;))
What is inside this Gucci box?
“Sweet” – Alex’s exact response…I was excited to see his “I’m extremely happy face” above :)
You’re probably wondering what it is, and as much as I would love to show you a picture of Alex with his gift…I quit taking pictures, but if I did you would see him holding this:
Yep, he got a black Gucci, Guccissima wallet. He’s been dying for a new wallet, and what better wallet than a Gucci! I was worried it would be a little much for him, but I’m all about embossing, so I bought that one and prayed he’d like it…and thankfully he did :)
Then it was my turn. Because my “gift bag” was one of my gifts he had to go out to his jeep and get it. I was pretty excited as soon as he walked in the door with it though :)
Yep, a new Vera tote in Night and Day…I was so in love with the one he gave me for my birthday, that I bragged on it so much he bought me the same style…I was pumped :)
Even better, he filled it with some of my favorite things!! Seriously, had he thrown chocolates and shoes in there, I might have died…
A new Lolita Glass “Dirty Martini” – Alex’s Favorite Cocktail :), SATC 2, The newest Shopaholic book, Mini Shopaholic, and a new Vera wallet. I die! ;)
Note: No pictures of me opening the goodies…it was late, and I was not “picture ready” (i.e. I was in a t-shirt and PJ pants…not cute!)
After watching the newest episode of The Office, we were both exhausted! So we decided to get some rest before our busy Friday!
Next up…Anniversary Dinner :)


0 comments:
Post a Comment