For once, I let Alex plan our entire weekend. During his planning, he asked if I wanted to go to dinner on Friday night or Saturday night. I immediately said Friday night, no question. Why? Because that Saturday we were playing LSU and I don’t plan ANYTHING on Bama game days, even if we were away. Alex just laughed it off, and said “Why does that not surprise me? I see I’ve still not passed Alabama on your list” Sadly, he may be right ;)
Anyway, we spent most of the day just hanging out, doing some shopping and running errands. It has been a long time since I’ve gotten to just have a lazy day with him (since he’s usually here on football weekends and it is too crazy to do much of anything on those weekends!) so it was a treat.
Before we knew it, it was already time to get ready for dinner! Alex had chosen The Bright Star, where we went for Valentine’s Day earlier this year, for dinner. He even tried to call in a few favors to get us a very special, secluded booth, but unfortunately this particular booth was booked for the night. They assured us that we’d be able to get it next time, so I’ll be sure to share all of the details about it then :)
In the car getting ready to head toward Birmingham (no worries, we were still in the parking lot :))
Me trying to decide what to order…too many good choices! :)
My hott date :) Why yes, we matched…sadly, I picked out my accessories to match his shirt ;)
As always, the food was AMAZING!!
We started out with the fried green tomatoes appetizer…best thing ever!
Greek salad with anchovies (my first experience with anchovies…they were interesting to say the least, but I ate them :))
Then for the main courses:
Alex’s Seafood Sampler – Scallops, Red Snapper, Shrimp, and Lobster and Crab Au Gratin
My stuffed red snapper…same thing I got last time, but it was just as amazing as the first time!
The food was good, but there was a LOT so we ended up filling up a To Go box to take with us…and I mean we filled it up!
Then it was time to head out, but not before we got our traditional table picture (or two…our fabulous waitress took it from different angles…you can see my shoes in the second ;))
Then, we said goodbye to the Bright Star and Alex had another surprise up his sleeve…
Next up: Alex’s Sweet Surprise :)

0 comments:
Post a Comment