Losing doesn't make me want to quit. It makes me want to fight that much harder.
Bear Bryant
As much as I would love to have a happy quote about us winning, this year just wasn’t the year. It has been 3 years since we’ve lost a home game…until this one, and it was such a horrible feeling (especially since we SHOULD have won the game and just gave up the second half). However, I will say that I am so proud of my team and wouldn’t trade them for anything in the world :)
Anyway, the day started out pretty early…at least for me. It was frigid as I walked to complex to get ready for the last game of the season!
After we did our stuff at the complex, we headed to the stadium to finish registering. We sat in the tunnel under our gate and it was literally like being in a wind tunnel…brrr!!
Then I saw a sweet face, my former recruit Chris, who came over and gave me a big hug! He was one of my very first and was on the National Championship team last year…I am so proud of him! Anyway, I always take pictures with my recruits, but because I had him on an official visit and he didn’t bring anyone with him, I didn’t have a chance to take a picture with him. I told him when we were talking, and he said “Well, we need to fix that”….love him!
Then, it was finally time to head into the game!! I missed part of the first quarter because we still had recruits rolling in, but I got there just in time to see some great plays! My dad and I took quite a few pictures of the game, but too many to share here…but of course I got some pictures with two of my other favorite boys! :)
I’m so sad we lost, but there’s always next year!
After the game, we all went home and took a nap…we were exhausted! Since we missed most of the “Black Friday” sales, we decided to head out that night to see if we could still find anything. My parents were looking at a TV for me for Christmas and wanted to make sure I liked it so we all piled in the car and headed to check it out.
Alex found a new friend while shopping…yep, that’s a gigantic stuffed dog! (Can you tell where we were?) He carried this thing around for a while as a joke, until he realized that it was shedding its white fur all in his hair and on his jacket….not so funny now huh babe? ;)
We didn’t plan on buying it that day, but they told us the price was only a one-day kind of thing and would go back up the next day, so we went ahead and got it.
Unfortunately, we didn’t bring the right vehicle…seriously, Josh has a truck, Alex has a jeep, and we took my mom’s car! :) Needless, to say it was quite entertaining trying to figure out how to get the car and us home. This ended up being the final configuration…
Definitely an entertaining ride home…good thing we didn’t have to go far! :)
Once we got home, the boys set my TV up for me…clearly we were all a bit delirious because they turned it into a magic show “unveiling” my new TV…they are a mess! However, I was thankful for my new TV :)
Thanks Mom & Dad (and the boys for setting it up) ! :)

0 comments:
Post a Comment