Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

Arkansas Trip: Week 1 Highlights

I spent most of the week relaxing at Alex’s apartment, watching (and getting addicted to) Bravo, working on homework, building a website for my old dance studio, and the occasional shopping if Alex left me the jeep.  Alex was so worried about me getting bored, but after the crazy few weeks I had, I was excited to be able to relax!

Here’s the rundown:

Tuesday:

We at lunch at a local Mexican place called Los 3 Potrillos.  We chose it because they said they had an all you can eat buffet lunch for like $5.99.  Of course we were so hungry that we forgot to ask about it and just ended up ordering off the menu.  It was pretty good, nothing too exciting though!

image

For dinner, we went back to Marketplace Grill, where we ate with Alex’s family during our first trip in January.  I unfortunately didn’t remember much about that meal because I was too busy choking back tears the entire time.  Anyway, I ended up ordering the same thing I ordered last time and it was really good.  The only thing I did remember is what they call their “Chocolate Mess”, which is literally a sundae glass dipped in chocolate and filled with brownie, ice cream, caramel, chocolate sauce and nuts…it looked yummy!  We didn’t get one last time so Alex promised me we could have one this time (and we did one of those 3 course meal deals that includes dessert).  They have two sizes:  the regular and the mini…we ordered the mini and good thing, but it was all we could eat!  We definitely had a clean cup when we were finished! ;)

07 06_4111 

Wednesday:

At HP, they have a cafeteria, but they don’t have any resident cooks there so everyday they have a different restaurant cater lunch.  Alex has been on his diet so he’s been eating salads pretty much everyday, except for “Whole Hog” day.  Whole Hog is apparently this really good barbecue place in Conway and it must be since it is the only day Alex breaks his diet.  Anyway, they so happened to be coming on Wednesday so he invited me to come up to the office, meet his boss and coworkers, and have lunch with him.  I have to say, it was pretty amazing and I’m picky about my barbecue! :)  Plus, it was nice getting to meet all of the people he works with! :)  Sorry, these are the only pictures I took :(

Arkansas_07 07_3977Arkansas_07 07_3978Arkansas_07 07_3979  

For dinner, Alex made one of my favorite meals (or at least out of the ones he makes):  spaghetti and meatballs.  I sat at the counter, worked on homework and watched him cook.  He’s never had anywhere for me to sit in the kitchen, so it was really nice being able to sit in there with him.  As for the spaghetti and meatballs…as delicious as I remembered! :)

Arkansas_07 08_3973Arkansas_07 08_3976

Thursday:

Alex treated me to a yummy lunch at Michaelangelo’s, a local Italian restaurant.  It was so good and the place was really nice (it’s like the old school Italian place complete with tile mosaics and a baby grand piano :))

mich

  For dinner, we had leftover spaghetti and just hung out and relaxed!

Friday:

For lunch, Alex came home and we finished off the spaghetti.

When Alex got off work, we headed to Little Rock to do some shopping and meet up with some of Alex’s coworkers at Sushi Cafe (the amazing sushi place we ate at on my last visit).  Alex and I ordered two new rolls and they were just as amazing as the last!  We even broke down and ordered the Arkansas roll (just not quite ready for the Razorback one yet ;))

07 09_4099

Arkansas_07 09_3965

Our original plan was to go hit up a movie afterwards, but we were so tired, we ended up driving around downtown Little Rock for a while and then heading back to Conway…not before I snapped a picture of the beautiful capitol building!

Arkansas_07 09_3970

Next up:  Our fun-filled weekend! :)

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin