Although I got to see Alex every evening, I was so excited for us to get to spend the entire weekend together! We had lots of plans (unfortunately we didn’t get to do them all) and our weekend was definitely full!!
Every Saturday, there is a Farmer’s Market in Little Rock so we went to check it out. I have never been to a true Farmer’s Market (it’s not a big thing here in T-town), so I was excited to go.
Unfortunately, it rained most of the time we were there, but we did have a chance to walk around and get a yummy lunch while we were there!
Enjoying the Farmer’s Market
The set-up under the pavilion
The food vendors inside…we had an amazing lunch while waiting out the rain :)
Then, we changed clothes and got ready to tackle our second event of the day: a dinner cruise on the Arkansas Queen!
During my last visit, we saw the boat and I told Alex how fun that would be to be able to see Arkansas from the river. We have a riverboat here in T-town and I adore going on the cruises here! Well, Alex surprised me by booking a dinner cruise while I was there! :)
We had to wait a while on the captain, but we did get the cheesy pre-boarding picture before getting on the boat.
A picture of the picture, but you get the idea! Cheesy, but I loved it so they definitely made another $10 off of me haha
Apparently when Alex called, he requested a window seat…we were one of the few ones on the boat that got one and we were on the mezzanine level with one about 6 other people…it was perfect!
The view from our table…so pretty!
Us enjoying our seats (you can kind of see it is fairly empty behind Alex)
Our view from the mezzanine…this area was packed by the time we departed!
While everyone else was boarding (thankfully we were at the front of the line), we decided to check out the boat. Of course our first stop was the top observation deck! It was such a pretty view!
He’s so sweet…I think I’ll keep him ;)
When they made the announcement that we were departing, we headed down to the main deck to hang out at the front of the boat. We were probably one of the youngest couples there, and everyone kept asking us what we were celebrating. When we told them nothing, they oohed and ahhed and talked about how sweet it was that this was just a “date” for us. Anyway, everytime someone saw us taking a self-portrait, they’d offer to take a picture of us. The one below is definitely my favorite from the cruise!
We hung out on the main deck for a while and then returned to our seats when they let us know it was time for dinner. Unfortunately, I didn’t take any pics of the meal, but it was as good as it sounds!
While we ate, we got to enjoy some amazing music by an onboard pianist
After dinner, we headed back out the deck to check out the scenery
Right before we were about to dock, Alex and I headed up top to take one last look at the city lights!
So pretty!! Anyway, we had a wonderful time and hope to go back and do it again soon! :) Thanks babe for a wonderful date night!
Disclaimer: This is by no means all of the pictures I took, so if you would like to see more, visit my picasa album here.

1 comments:
How fun!! I've never been on a Riverboat, but it is on my to-do list :)!
You two make such a cute couple...I definitely think you should keep him, hehe!
Post a Comment