Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

Arkansas Trip V: Week Two Highlights

My second and final week in Arkansas was pretty uneventful.  Here’s the rundown :)

Monday, July 12, 2010

I spent a relaxing day at home, and then went to dinner with Alex at a cute little place called the Oak Street Bistro.  I had the chicken salad sandwich which was amazing and we shared a piece of Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie that was absolutely to die for (even better since it was free because our food took too long to get there! :))

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Alex left me the jeep and I met Alex at HP to hang out for a little while, go eat lunch with he and his coworkers at an awesome home cooking place called Holly’s Country Cooking and then spent the afternoon hanging out at HP.  Then, we went to a pretty little Mexican place called El Parian (there were a TON in Conway) that had the most amazing booths for dinner.

07 14_4195 07 13_4202

Alex’s to do list for the day…it was so nice to see me on that list :)

07 13_4200

Yummy food from Holly’s

  07 13_4203

My view for the day :)

Arkansas_07 13_4154

Us before heading to dinner :)

Arkansas_07 13_4155  

The booth at El Parian

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I spent the entire day at HP and enjoyed a fabulous lunch at the Fish House with Alex and his coworkers.  Then, I had the bright idea that I wanted to make dinner which is always entertaining!  Luckily for me, my three cheese pasta bake turned out well!! You can find the recipe here…it was amazing! :)

Arkansas_07 14_4120

Working hard at HP :)

Arkansas_07 14_4124

In a building full of Arkansas fans, I had to make sure they knew who Alex rooted for :)

Arkansas_07 14_4151

Taking my dish out of the oven

Arkansas_07 14_4152

Finito…believe me, it is as yummy as it looks!

Arkansas_07 14_4153      I even made homemade cheesy garlic bread to go with it.

Note:  Again, I have posted the recipe on my cooking blog, and you can find it here :)

Thursday, July 15, 2010

It was finally time for me to leave Arkansas which was a bit bittersweet for me!  I LOVED spending the time with Alex again and getting to see him every day was just amazing, however, I was excited about him coming to spend the weekend with me in Tuscaloosa!

Before he left for work, my sweetie made breakfast and even gave me a new coffee mug to drink the yummy Kona coffee out of.

07 15_4182

He knows me too well ;)

07 15_4184

Eggs and coffee…yummy way to start our last morning in Arkansas!

As soon as he got off work, we were T-town bound!07 15_4192

It was a great trip, but I was definitely excited to get back!!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin