Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 In Review

I have to say, 2008 has been one of the most eventful years ever! So as this year comes to an end, I wanted to take some time and reflect on all that has happened this year!

January

  • Josh turned 17!
  • Josh had his first formal...he looked so handsome!

February

  • I turned 23 and celebrated with a Mardi Gras party at the library!
  • Josh was in a prom fashion show for a local formal shop

March:

  • The football program threw us a party at Mugshots to celebrate our #1 recruiting season!
  • My dear friend Lauren got married in Nashville so we enjoyed a fun filled (and freezing) weekend there to celebrate her beautiful wedding!
  • We said goodbye to the Library! They closed their doors the end of the month, but not without a huge blowout to send them out with a bang!

April:

  • I was a bridesmaid for my friend Crystal's wedding in Guntersville! We spent the entire weekend relaxing in Guntersville and had a wonderful time!

May:

  • Creative Campus threw it's annual AL's awards gala and Jenny and I were in charge! I'm happy to say, it went really well and we had a wonderful time!
  • The staff at Creative Campus gave the first ever CCI report to Dr. Bonner and many other "high-ups" on campus and in the community and it went very well!!
  • I graduated with my Master's Degree in Elementary Education!

June:

  • I finished up my job at Creative Campus :(
  • Josh came down for his annual team camp for basketball and broke his nose :(
  • I went for my first two unsuccessful job interviews

July:

  • I was hired as a kindergarten teacher at Southview Elementary and spent the majority of the month working in my classroom!
  • Josh got his "new nose" after his nose surgery :)

August:

  • I started my new job as a kindergarten teacher and my life became consumed with teaching!
  • I got accepted into the Instructional Leadership and Technology doctoral program at Alabama. I was so excited!! :)
  • Josh started his senior year :'(

September - November:

  • My life became consumed with teaching, school, Alabama football, and Josh's football so I did not have much free time other than that! Josh's football team had a very successful season ( 12-1) as did Alabama (13-1). I was sad to see both of those seasons come to a sad end :(
  • Alex and I celebrated our 4 year anniversary in November! It's hard to believe we've been together that long!

December:

  • I made it through my first semester of teaching!

Let's hope 2009 is wonderful! :)

Happy New Year!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin