Pages

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Josh’s Alpha Lambda Delta Induction

My oh so smart and talented little brother has been invited to join quite a few honor societies already and had his first induction this past weekend.  As a member of this honor society myself (if I could find the picture, I’d post it…I’ll work on that ;)), I couldn’t be happier! :)

image Josh and I before we left

Unfortunately, the induction ceremony was a complete disaster.  I’m no professional planner, but I’m familiar enough with all of the details to take into consideration when planning an event and apparently they did not.  Let me just set the stage (pun intended) for you:

We get there 30 minutes early only to find out it had been moved to another building on campus at the last minute (yeah, no e-mail whatsoever…mistake #1).  We get to the correct location with about 15 minutes to spare and there are NO seats.  When I say no seats, I mean 0 open seats and people are standing in the aisles and in the lobby…ridiculous.  Then, they took up 4 full rows for the inductees and some of them didn’t have seats.  Needless to say, the perfectionist in me was going insane.  Had I not been so stressed out, I would have taken pics to show you.  What’s worse is that the other parents and guests were extremely frustrated as well.  It was definitely an embarrassment for the honor society and the University.

After everyone has literally stood around for at least 30 minutes, listening to a senior speak about her accomplishments, they FINALLY had enough common sense to move the students up on the stage and allow the guests to fill in the empty rows.  So seating problem solved….organization:  not so much.  They never put the students in alphabetical order (even seated) so when their names were called out in alphabetical order to come get their certificates, we had to wait forever for them to push their way through the crowd on the stage, walk up and sign some roll, and then walk to the back of the stage….it was a nightmare.  When they finally get to the S’s, we get all the cameras ready only for them to go from Salter to Solomon.  Yep, they skipped a page which messed up the certificate process and led to a mass line at the table.  My blood pressure was sky high during the entire ceremony and I was SO glad when it was over! :)

Josh's ALD induction

(You can see in the middle picture on the top, the students standing in the aisle…so sad!)

Anyway, we took advantage of the beautiful weather and took a few pictures around campus.

image

image

 Josh and I in the Ferguson promenade

image

I love all the gorgeous flowers around campus!

image

Mom, Dad, and Josh (That’s my old office behind them!)

image

Josh with his certificate

image

Josh and I in front of the fountain

(Side note:  This fountain was extremely expensive because it was created to be “tamper proof”.  The day the day before they turned it on, someone poured Tide detergent down the jets so when they turned it on for the first time, the plaza was covered in soap suds…I think we spent the majority of the day at work watching everyone play in it :))

Anyway, although it was a bit stressful, I am so proud of my baby brother!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin