Pages

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Catching up….

I have been in a bit of a haze lately…figuratively and literally.

If I haven’t mentioned before, I’m highly allergic to pollen….emphasis on the word highly.  So much that about 5 years ago I had to go on weekly shots, and when I went in for testing the doctor said “You really shouldn’t live on this planet”  Yeah, thanks doc! 

The shots have helped in the past, and Easter is always my checkpoint (if I’m not sick by then, I’m not getting sick) and I made it to the day before Easter and it hit me.

The only medicine that works for me is a prescription that I forgot made me drowsy (Yeah, I forgot to read that part of the label).  After sleeping two days away, I happened to look at the bottle…

image

This would explain a lot…good thing I didn’t have anywhere to go!  This girl gets drowsy off of “Daytime” medicine so medicine that makes you sleepy = at least 12 hours of dead to the world sleep for this girl. 

Because of this, I have been avoiding it on the days I have to go somewhere so on those days, I’m just flat out miserable. 

Like my education interview day here on campus.  It went well, but because the economy is so horrible right now, they don’t know if or how many positions they will have open so basically it was just a meet and greet.  Oh well…I still have some amazing friends! :)

image See…told you they rock!  Anyway, all these sweet messages totally gave me a boost of confidence continuously popping up on my phone while I was waiting patiently (ok, impatiently because I am not very patient when it comes to waiting!) on my interviews to begin!

I also had to work an event for the Alabama Ballet in Birmingham.  I don’t know if I’ve mentioned before, but I am on the Junior Board for them and I so wish I could make it my full time job….I love it!  Anyway, we had a “Party Like a Rockstar with the Alabama Ballet” party at Rogue Tavern in Birmingham to celebrate the premiere of their final production of the season.  Since I was dateless, my sweet dance friend and BFF Sara went with me and we had a blast.  Of course I didn’t take pictures, because I was so wrapped up in the great atmosphere and conversation, the night ended before I could get to it :(  Oh well, next time….

I’ve also been dieting and working out trying to get in shape for this…

image Yes, I got the official invitation to dance in my old dance studio’s dance recital the end of May.  I’m excited to be getting back on stage, but I refuse to look like a cow up there.  If a camera adds ten pounds, being on stage adds about 20.  Plus, working out gets my mind off the nightly nightmares I have about getting up on stage and forgetting everything! :)

The weight loss is going pretty well.  I haven’t lost as many pounds as I would like, but I have lost inches galore…in my face, hips, legs, arms, chest, my feet (yeah I didn’t know that would happen) and especially my tummy.  I wish I could tell you how many, but I didn’t measure beforehand…I know, stupid mistake.  I have noticed all of my clothes fit better and in some cases are too big! :) I try not to be obsessed with the numbers on the scale, because even when I was dancing and had pretty much no fat on my body, I weighed more than people thought I should just because I was muscled so I tend to use my clothes as a measure. 

My clothes, specifically my jeans, were getting a little too baggy so mom and I went shopping this weekend to see if I could fit in the size smaller jeans….and I did!! :)  Then we found some cute tops and dresses that were on sale.  I have a bad habit of not looking at the size and just grabbing stuff off the rack.  When i got in the dressing room, I tried on the dresses and one fit like a glove….so much like a glove my mom said, “Looks gorgeous on you, but you literally can’t gain a pound”  When we looked at the tag, it was 2 sizes smaller than I normally wear….2 sizes!!  I was pumped :) 

Anyway, I ate horribly this weekend because my family was in town and gained about 4 pounds (you won’t be able to tell I lost much weight in the pictures in my next post because of it), Yesterday morning about 3:30, I woke up with a stomach virus that continued until late last night.  Needless to say, I lost those 4 pounds and a few more so I’m back on track (Note:  I am definitely not endorsing that form of dieting…it definitely wasn’t worth it…yuck!)

Between my sicknesses, being stressed out with school, depressed about not having a job while all of my friends are celebrating tenurs, promotions, and new houses, missing Alex terribly (it has been a month today!) and just being ready to be finished with school…I have been in another type of haze and have been trying to get away from the computer for a bit.  Hopefully I will be back on track soon though! :)  I miss you guys! :)

Anyway, I think I’m all caught up now….I’ll do my best not to wait this long from now on (so my posts won’t be FOREVER long ;)) Look for another post today on my brother’s honor society induction this weekend :)

Have a happy Tuesday! :)

Lots of Love,

Maegan

7 comments:

Brittany said...

Oh no! Bless your heart, spring must be awful! I hope you are feeling better!

And CONGRATS on your weight loss! I've been at it for a few months and I feel like I've accomplished nothing! Whatever you're doing, keep it up! :)

Maegan said...

Thanks girl!! It's a lot of watching what I eat, walking, and Jillian Michael's 30 day shred (for a strength workout - I don't like to do weights because I tend to bulk up, but this is perfect!)

Brittany Ann said...

Oh, I hope you feel better soon! I'm in a bit of haze myself right now, so I totally commiserate!

And a jeans size smaller? That's awesome! I'm so proud of you! Who cares how much weight you lose? Inches are where it's at!

Maegan said...

Thanks Brittany Ann!! I just read your post from yesterday (and commented) and you put into words exactly how I'm feeling these days! Although I hate you're having to go through it too, I am glad I'm not the only one feeling that way! Hopefully this haze will lift soon :)

Heather said...

I hope you get to feeling better soon! Allergies are NO fun!

teacher girl said...

Hi! Just found your blog recently & love it already. Bummer though about being sick, the pollen, and stress. Yikes! I hope everything starts looking up! And good for you about the weight loss. From your new blog fan in California, Katie

Maegan said...

Thanks so much Heather! :)

Katie, thanks for stopping by :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin