Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Alex's Birthday :)

So Alex's birthday was yesterday, and I promised I'd update today on everything. I made dinner reservations at 8 so I headed over to his house a little after 7 so we could do the gift thing :) He LOVES watches and he has 3 already, but his idea about watches is similar to my idea about shoes: you can never have too many!! So I bought him a brown Diesel watch to add to his collection. He also recently started liking cufflinks so I found him a pair to go with the watch. And he's been wanting a watch case to keep all of his accessories in, so I found him this really cool one online that I had his initials engraved on :) He loved all of his presents and dinner was fabulous as always when we go to the Globe. The best part was, we got to have our favorite dessert ever, The Chocolate Torte!! :)




After we left the Globe, Alex wanted to stop by the bar to check on things. Our quick little visit turned into an all-night venture though! He rarely gets to take off the boss hat and have fun so it was a nice change for him. His friend Skinner (the assistant manager) was playing a 2-man acoustic with one of his friends so we had some awesome music to listen to (and he is amazing). Alex was so sweet the entire night and he showed everyone his watch which made me proud :). When the rose lady came in, he bought me a rose. The rose lady LOVES Alex because he gives her red bull everytime she comes in, so she always gives me 2 roses instead of 1 and gives me the babies breath spray to go with it. That is exactly what she did and she gave me the prettiest roses :) (I now have like 3 vases of flowers at my apartment which is of course never a problem with me)Then he went up on stage and started talking to his friend Skinner, his friend then came over the mic and said "I love you Maegan, but I can't play brown-eyed girl tonight but I will play this for you guys" and he started playing "Drive" by Incubus which is one of "our" songs. Apparently, Alex had asked him to play Brown Eyed Girl because that is obviously one of my favorites :) however, he had just injured his hand and the other guy didn't know it well enough to play it for him so he played Drive instead :) So sweet!

Anyway, I need to get busy doing something productive. His parents are coming down this weekend to cook us brunch but for the most part our big events are over and done with for a while :)

I'll write more later :)

Maegan

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin