Author Note 8/12/12 - Yeah, this was supposed to post last Monday…oops! So here are my ramblings…a week late
It’s a Monday, and although I have a lot on my mind, none of it has any rhyme or reason. Excuse my ramblings…hopefully I’ll have a chance to write a coherent post soon
- My brother and I took a quick trip home for the weekend. Even though I’ve been away from Tuscaloosa a great deal, I enjoyed getting away (even more so since the little bro drove and I didn’t have to!)
- While I was at home, I watched the Olympics and slept a LOT. It is not that I haven’t had time to sleep in Tuscaloosa, but regardless of what time I wake up here, my brain starts running through the to do list and I cannot get back to sleep. The internet was out at home (the only thing I had to do was internet related), and the summer semester is winding down so I didn’t feel too pressured to jump on e-mail. It was wonderful.
- Summer grades are due tomorrow, so I spent the entire day working really hard to get everything graded and ready to go. Of course, I had several students (who I haven’t seen or heard from all semester) want to argue about points with me. I wanted to tell them that the 10 points they are arguing about would not have mattered if they had turned in all of their assignments. Grrr. Don’t get me wrong, I love my job, but students like that frustrate me.
- Did you guys watch the Curiosity landing? I tried, but I fell asleep
I did rock my NASA anniversary shirt (from Alex’s dad, the rocket scientist) in honor of the occasion, though!
- I got an invite to our 10 year class reunion group on Facebook today. Although it is not until next year, it doesn’t feel like we graduated almost 9 years ago. Even crazier, I graduated from undergrad 6 years ago in December, and with my master’s four years ago this May. Now excuse me while I go lather my face in anti-wrinkle cream….
- I’ve said it a million times before, but I’m so thankful that Alex is an amazing cook, even though it doesn’t help a whole lot with him being 2 hours away. His dinner tonight: stir fry veggies with curry sauce, my dinner tonight: cereal. One of the many reasons why I can’t wait for us to be back in the same zip code
- My frequent trips have my apartment all in a disarray. I’m not sure I ever even unpacked from San Diego! I realize I should be spending all of my free time cleaning, but who wants to do that? Time is ticking though because football season is right around the corner, which means houseguests!
Happy Monday, everyone!
Much love,
Maegan

0 comments:
Post a Comment