This weekend was homecoming weekend here in Tuscaloosa, and boy was it busy!
Alex came into town, as usual, on Friday evening. It had been two weeks since I had seen him, and as silly as this sounds, those two weeks have seemed like a lifetime! Anyway, we soaked up the little “alone” time we had before heading to Nick’s (yes, Alex’s favorite) to meet a friend for dinner. We got home about 10:30, just in time for my cousin, who was visiting for the weekend, to arrive. We all sat up and talked for a while, but it wasn’t too long before both of the boys were out like a light. I decided to call it a day too and get some rest before my busy Saturday!
Saturday morning, we got up, and decided to go grab some breakfast at Jack’s (since I’m a terrible hostess and did not buy any breakfast stuff for the weekend…oops!) After waiting on it for at least 20 minutes, them messing up our order and having to go back, only for them to mess it up again, we finally got to eat breakfast around 11. By then, it was time for me to get ready and head to work!
I don’t have a clue as to what everyone else did, but being Homecoming and playing an SEC team, recruiting was crazy! We’ve started something new at halftime too and it was my turn to work, so when we wrapped up pre-game stuff half way into the second quarter, I knew it was not worth going to my seats and I ended up staying in the recruiting room until after the half. Although they had the game on, I don’t have a clue what went on…I checked on the score occasionally to know that we were winning and that was good enough for me.
Finally, I got join my family about half way into the 3rd quarter. It was so nice to sit down! I managed to get a couple of pictures, but I was so tired, pictures seemed to be too much of a hassle ;)
My cousin, Justin, and I. Don’t you love the wind blown look? ;)
Anyway, it was a wonderful weekend! We’ve got an away game next weekend so I’m excited to get some time to recover!
How was your weekend?

0 comments:
Post a Comment