What have I been up to lately? (More detailed posts on these later)
- I had a small health scare which resulted in a minor procedure. No big deal, but doctor’s appointments and waiting on results were a big part of my schedule the last few weeks of May! All is well though so no worries
- Little bro took his MCAT in Montgomery Mother’s Day weekend so we all spent the weekend hanging out with Alex (and I was recovering from my procedure…boo!).
- My dear friend, Lauren, graduated from med school and her family threw her a graduation party in Nashville. It was the same weekend as Mom’s birthday, so we took a family trip to Nashville to celebrate both.
- Attended the VIP wedding of a dear friend. We had an amazing time!
- The day after the wedding, Alex and I (with some friends of ours) threw a couple’s baby shower for my friend Lauren (the one who just graduated from med school…she’s pretty much amazing) and her hubby. We had a blast!
- I started another round of steroids for my asthma…cue 10 pound weight gain bleh! It has resulted in me drinking lots of water and natural diuretics.
- I attended AETC in Birmingham and worked our department’s table
- Football camps started, which meant lots of fun dealing with crazy parents (not all, but some) and the kiddos (ok, some of them are in HS, but they can still be kiddos right?)
- Attended another wedding of a friend/former co-aerobics teacher/personal trainer with all my steroid puffiness. I was miserably swollen, but the wedding was beautiful.
- I broke down and got my nails done again (even though I said I was going to try to grow them out). I’m trying a different “growing out plan” so hopefully I’ll have better luck this time
- I presented at the 2012 ISTE conference (2 presentations to be exact) in San Diego and Alex went with me. We had a great time and got to spend some much needed time together.
I’ll be back soon with more detailed posts.
Don’t forget…blog goes private on Sunday, so let me know if you want to be added to the approved readers list

0 comments:
Post a Comment