Our first event of our Christmas break was Alex’s little brother’s graduation from the University of North Alabama. We were so proud!
The ceremony was held on Friday evening in Florence. We headed out pretty early so that we could get there and settled in before the ceremony started at 7 (it is a little over an hour drive for us).
Leaving his house to head to Florence. I was so excited to get to spend that hour drive with him…we hadn’t seen each other in a month! :)
Andy had already saved us seats (first row!) so once we got there we got all settled in and ready for the ceremony.
The entire crew (minus our photographer, Mr. B): First Row (L-R): Mrs. B, Andy, Uncle Roy, Alex, myself, Nana; Back Row: Andy’s girlfriend and her parents
And of course I had to get a posed picture with my man…doesn’t he look handsome? (P.S. You’ll notice a lot of purple…their school colors are purple and gold and yes the “matchy matchy” was planned, carefully planned ;))
I am so used to formality of Alabama’s graduations, that it was very interesting to see a smaller college graduation. Anyway, before we knew it, Andy was walking right in front of us (and I mean literally right in front of us…as in I could reach out and touch him) to receive his diploma.
See what I mean? It was crazy being this close!
Getting ready to receive his diploma
Officially graduated…yay Andy!
As you can imagine, as soon as the ceremony was over, we had a huge photo session. As much as I would love to share all of them with you, this post would be slower to load than it already is so I just picked some of my favorites :)
Another picture of Alex and I…only because I wanted a picture of my shoes that I bought especially for this outfit (and since it will probably be the only time I ever wear them ;)) What can I say, I love my shoes! ;)
And of course Alex had to show his baby bro some brotherly love…
Or maybe not ;)
Speaking of brotherly love, Alex, Andy, and I took a picture together back in 2005 at Andy’s HS graduation that has become a family favorite (as in everyone has a copy of this picture framed haha). Anyway, we tried, unsuccessfully, to recreate it at Alex’s graduation but it just didn’t work because Alex was the one graduating. Now that we had the right graduate, we were determined to recreate it. I think we did pretty well…see the comparison yourself :)
Top: Andy’s HS Graduation in 2005; Bottom: Andy’s College graduation in 2010
Family photo: I love the color coordination (except Andy had on blue but it worked since he was covered up!)
The boys and their girlfriends
Mrs. B and “her girls”
The Biehn family and girlfriends…check out all of that purple! Surprisingly we were all in purple except for Andy and Britney who wore blue :)
Next up: Andy’s Graduation Celebration :)

0 comments:
Post a Comment