Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

“There’s no place like…Neiman Marcus?”

So, I opened up my e-mail this afternoon and this e-mail from Neiman Marcus:

Christian Louboutin Shoes

Why do you do this to me Christian Louboutin??

If you know anything about me, I not only have an obsession with shoes, but I am obsessed with one movie that has a whole lot to do with one special pair of shoes:  Wizard of Oz (which the two obsessions could technically go hand in hand, but oh well :))  Anyway, I have dressed up as Dorothy on so many occasions, it is not funny!  I truly think I was her character in a past life ;)  See proof below:

ph1101565142030052685With my friend Bryan.  Halloween 2003

n27401371_35800317_9189 

With Alex, Halloween 2007

n183402794_31197751_8635

With my coworkers as Goldilocks (dress look familiar?) Halloween 2008

Anyway, I have ALWAYS wanted a pair of ruby slippers!  When I was 4 and dressed up as Dorothy, my mom ordered me some jellie type “ruby slippers” but they were just the little cheap ones girls play dress up in.  When I dressed up as Dorothy in high school, we actually made me some “ruby slippers”, but still not the same.

Needless to say, when I saw this e-mail I started hyperventilating…how awesome is this?  Too bad they are almost $800!!!  Oh well, maybe I can come up with some reason that I need these special shoes (too bad I’m not getting married anytime soon….I could totally make a case for these shoes ;)) 

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin