Thank you for all of your texts, calls, and emails concerning the horrific storms that went through our state yesterday. My brother and I are fine and are definitely feeling blessed considering the street just blocks away was completely wiped out.
Tuscaloosa is in rough shape right now...power is being restored in some areas but looting, contaminated water, and of course just the damage in general are major issues. Because of this, the university has asked people to leave if they can just so the community's resources are being utilized for people who need them. Since our hometown is still without power as well, Alex drove up from Montgomery to get us to get out for a few days.
There are so many emotions going on in my head right now, and I am not quite ready to write about it all right now, but I will say that it was easily the most terrifying moment of my life.
As awful as it is to say, it has made me so angry to read friend's statuses about how sad they are that different places they visit in Tuscaloosa are completely gone and receiving texts from people asking about the stadium. Until living through this storm, I probably would have worried about the same thing, however after living through something like this and seeing the aftermath, my outlook has changed. Sitting in the bathroom huddled with my brother as the radio announcers were yelling about how this tornado decimating Tuscaloosa and then walking down the street just blocks from my house and seeing where they pulled bodies of fellow students and friends out made me realize that all of those things don't matter. For those of us that currently call Tuscaloosa home, things will never be the same. I hope that Bama fans will stop worrying about whether or not their favorite restaurant is still there and start worrying about the people we lost, the folks who have still not been found, and the MANY people who don't have homes right now.
I am still numb with pain for my current hometown and its residents. Please, please, please keep Tuscaloosa and the other cities that are affected by is in your prayers.
I'll be back soon with a more detailed post on this, but right now, my mind is with my friends and "Bama family" in Tuscaloosa.
Lots of Love and ROLL TIDE!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Friday, April 29, 2011
Tornado Update
Posted by Maegan at 12:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I'm so glad to hear y'all are ok! I tweeted hoping you were ok! I'm glad you posted!
Will def keep praying for you and everyone down there! Keep us updated!
Post a Comment